California-San Diego
Options

Helzberg Diamonds Nightmare

My fiance purchased my beautiful engagement ring at Helzberg Diamonds.  We decided to get our wedding bands there too.  (We purchased them in December.)  I took mine home the day of purchase.  My fiance's was supposed to be at the store Feb 19, almost two months after purchase, because the vendor was still producing the rings.  That was fine because the wedding is April 10.

On the 19th, I went to Helzberg.  They said, "Oh, no.  It's SHIPPING on Feb 19.  It'll be here by Friday."  I kept calling and going back, and they kept telling me it's on its way.  

One week ago, I called and I said I NEED the ring.  I was originally planning on picking it up, letting my fiance see it, and then smuggling it out of the house so I could have it secretly engaged.  I needed time to do this.  And I no longer had the time to be sure things went wihout a hitch.  I told them to call ME to let me know when it arrived so that I could pick it up to have it engraved.  I was so upset that it was three weeks late at this point.

Two days later, they called my fiance.  Not me!!  I was so upset.  I called Helzberg and made them aware of their mistake.  And I explained, again, why time was an issue.  They assured me I could go pick it up during the week last week.  I could take it back on Sunday, the jeweler would be by on Monday to pick up orders, and I could pick it back up, engraved, on Thursday.  I was not happy because it had taken so long, but they came up with a solution.

When my fiance and I went to go pick up his ring, the employee said, "Oh, and for the inconvenience, we'll be giving you that engraving for free."  RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FIANCE.  It was supposed to be a surprise.

I was so upset I had to walk out of the store before I said anything crazy. 

It is apparent to me that none of the employees communicate with each other.  I called multiple times throughout this ordeal.  They never knew what was going on.  One time the more recent times I called, they said there were no notes on my file.  To me, that means they never even called to verify the order was on its way, despite the fact that they kept telling me it had already shipped.  They have lied, not delivered as promised, and ruined a wedding day surprise.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND HELZBERG AS YOUR JEWELER!

Re: Helzberg Diamonds Nightmare

• Options
    edited December 2011

I have also had a kind of nightmarish time with Helzberg, but after I escalated all the way to a customer service manager, I finally got someone to listen to me and resolve my issue. I might recommend doing that and going to someone higher than the store manager. I'm happy with my outcome but was thoroughly upset with them beforehand and was ready to rip my hair out!

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are still waiting to get our ring, we have been sinking our money into the reception thank you for letting us know!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards