Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

How much dessert?

I'm having one of my favorite bakeries cater my casual afternoon BBQ wedding, and I'm trying to get an idea of how much to order.  We're having three types of cookies, mini cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, pudding shots, apple pie shots, and peach cobbler shots.  Should I plan for one dessert each? Two?  Out of the options given, what would you choose? I'd like an idea of what would be most popular.

Re: How much dessert?

• PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People are crazy for desserts, and if different options are offered, most people will take a sample of everything.  If you're going to eliminate something, pudding is pretty ordinary, so I don't think that would be a popular choice.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Peavy!  Pudding is FI's favorite dessert, and pretty much the only sweet thing he likes, which is the only reason that it's on the list in the first place.  I agree with you though, I'll probably go light on those.
  • MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on your budget but I would try to have 2-3 per person (not of each type but total). I would have more of the popular items as those will probably go fast.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ITA. Many people have a sweet tooth, and it will depend on your guests and how long you intend the desserts to be available. Personally, with the description you gave, I'd probably 1-2 of everything, LOL.

Your caterer should be able to give you a good idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards