Michigan-Detroit

Confessions/Vents

Re: Confessions/Vents

• Confession: I'm totally over wedding planning.  I'm 6 months out and have no desire to do anything.  I still have to find invitations and do a bunch of small details for the wedding.  I'm sure I'll get my mojo back but right now it is non-existant.

Vent:  I did really bad these last 2 weeks.  I had lost around 15 lbs and then I fell off the wagon and binge ate/drank for like 4 days straight.  I'm now up 3 lbs and I want to get it off.  However, I have to be up at 4:15am every day this week for work, and I work until 4pm, so I'm exhausted after work.  I feel like all the hard work I've put in for the last 6 months is for nothing and I hate looking at myself in the mirror.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Confession: I have no motivation to look for a wedding dress anymore. I lost all excitement for it.

Vent: FI just got hired at a prestigious(?) fire arm shop, part time. And while I am extremely happy for him because besides becoming an actually cop, this is what he loves to do; he will be working on his 2 days off. One of those being Sunday, the ONLY day we see each other. I know I am being selfish, but I can't help being a little upset over it.
  • mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Confession: I feel like I have been doing nothing but wedding planning in my free time, so much so that I have cast aside things I used to love to do all the time. I am really trying to get back into my old hobbies this week, cooking and reading: I made some guacamole for Cinco de Mayo and finally started a book for my book club that has been sitting on my bedside for weeks. So far so good, but I have to remind myself there is more to life than wedding planning!

Vent: Nothing comes to mind at the moment.  :)   Kind of annoyed with work, just because I wish I were sleeping.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:9468e72b-ca1f-435a-b7c1-3b05bafeda7dPost:55147dd0-10a0-4679-94d6-8d52144eb12c">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I'm totally over wedding planning.  I'm 6 months out and have no desire to do anything.  I still have to find invitations and do a bunch of small details for the wedding.  I'm sure I'll get my mojo back but right now it is non-existant. Vent:  I did really bad these last 2 weeks.  I had lost around 15 lbs and then I fell off the wagon and binge ate/drank for like 4 days straight.  I'm now up 3 lbs and I want to get it off.  However, I have to be up at 4:15am every day this week for work, and I work until 4pm, so I'm exhausted after work.  I feel like all the hard work I've put in for the last 6 months is for nothing and <strong>I hate looking at myself in the mirror.
    </strong>Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel. I have been working out a few days a week since january and I feel like I only get heavier. This is the heaviest I have been in my life and I can't stand it. I have tried to eat better but nothing seems to help. I do a 'bathing suit test' every morning, where I look in the mirror and ask myself could I wear one today and be comfortable? Nope. So that is my motivation to push myself after work. I Hope it gets better for you, stay positive!
  • Confessions - We knew when planning our wedding in Michigan our Arizona friends would not be able to make it.  I completely understand.  We will be throwing a party when we get back to celebrate with them.  Yet, I am still sad that they will not be there.  It won't be the same without our friends helping us celebrate.  

Vents - My main vent is that RSVP's are due today.  To me, that means I need to have them in my hand.  FI and FMIL do not agree (even though they are both teachers).  In addition, they both want me to give a grace period.  Is TWO MONTHS not enough grace period?!  I told them I would like to start contacting people Saturday or Sunday after we check the mail.  It's not just a matter of knowing the final head count we have to get final payments out, contact all of the vendors, put the seating chart together and print programs, and the seating assignment board.  We can only call on the weekends too because FI thinks it's to late to call past 6pm EST.  School doesn't even get out until 3:30 so the earliest I could call would be 4pm my time, 7EST.  

NWR - I have 12 teaching days left and my patience for my students is gone.  It's even worse knowing that one of the students I can't stand will not be mine next year so I don't want to deal with anything at all!  

1 month!!  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:9468e72b-ca1f-435a-b7c1-3b05bafeda7dPost:4ed76d65-0a8d-455b-8325-1a2f3beea09a">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confessions - We knew when planning our wedding in Michigan our Arizona friends would not be able to make it.  I completely understand.  We will be throwing a party when we get back to celebrate with them.  Yet, I am still sad that they will not be there.  It won't be the same without our friends helping us celebrate.   Vents - My main vent is that RSVP's are due today.  To me, that means I need to have them in my hand.  FI and FMIL do not agree (even though they are both teachers).  In addition, they both want me to give a grace period.  Is TWO MONTHS not enough grace period?!  I told them I would like to start contacting people Saturday or Sunday after we check the mail.  It's not just a matter of knowing the final head count we have to get final payments out, contact all of the vendors, put the seating chart together and print programs, and the seating assignment board.  We can only call on the weekends too because FI thinks it's to late to call past 6pm EST.  School doesn't even get out until 3:30 so the earliest I could call would be 4pm my time, 7EST.   NWR - I have 12 teaching days left and my patience for my students is gone.  It's even worse knowing that one of the students I can't stand will not be mine next year so I don't want to deal with anything at all!   1 month!!  
    Posted by mlynn1223[/QUOTE]
    I would wait a week or 2 before calling since your return date is so early. We had the majority of our RSVP's sent on or just after the date we specified. (people just don't care)<div>
    </div><div>You should have plenty of time to get all of that done, we finished those same things after we contacted everyone 2 weeks out! So don't stress, it will all work out. and, for what it's worth, I think anytime before 9pm EST is TOTALLY acceptable to call. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:9468e72b-ca1f-435a-b7c1-3b05bafeda7dPost:f752b200-2956-4a0a-a332-b9f4bf614d2b">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : I know how you feel. I have been working out a few days a week since january and I feel like I only get heavier. This is the heaviest I have been in my life and I can't stand it. I have tried to eat better but nothing seems to help. I do a 'bathing suit test' every morning, where I look in the mirror and ask myself could I wear one today and be comfortable? Nope. So that is my motivation to push myself after work.<strong> I Hope it gets better for you, stay positive!
    </strong>Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!  I'm running a 10K in Ferndal this weekend so that should be good for me :)  Good luck to you too! 
  • Confession:  I am not ready for my parents to come home from TN.  I wish they would stay there at least another week or so.  Seems I don't have ME time at the moment.

Vent:  I asked my brother yesterday if he could cut the grass.  He said that he was working late and didn't even offer to possibly do it today.  So, I had to cut it myself (which I was told not to do a LONG time ago).  Sad thing is I cannot operate the string trimmer (it's gas and I cannot start it due to weakness on the one side) so there are places around the trees and the house that I couldn't get to with the riding mower.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:9468e72b-ca1f-435a-b7c1-3b05bafeda7dPost:55147dd0-10a0-4679-94d6-8d52144eb12c">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession:<strong><u> I'm totally over wedding planning.  I'm 6 months out and have no desire to do anything.  I still have to find invitations and do a bunch of small details for the wedding.</u></strong>  I'm sure I'll get my mojo back but right now it is non-existant. Vent:  I did really bad these last 2 weeks.  I had lost around 15 lbs and then I fell off the wagon and binge ate/drank for like 4 days straight.  I'm now up 3 lbs and I want to get it off.  However, I have to be up at 4:15am every day this week for work, and I work until 4pm, so I'm exhausted after work.  I feel like all the hard work I've put in for the last 6 months is for nothing and I hate looking at myself in the mirror.
    Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

<div>My words exactly.</div><div>
    </div><div>Vent: FI's parents are not well off at all. His dad is disabled, and his mom has not worked in years. My parents knew from the beginning that we would be getting very little help from them for the wedding. After a YEAR of planning, my mom just now decides to ask what FIs family is going to do for the wedding. She's 'disappointed' that they won't help out. </div><div>
    </div><div>I appreciate my parent's generosity when it comes to all the money for the wedding. I never expected them to pay for the entire thing (nor did I expect it to be FIVE times what my original budget was). I spend all my time trying to find a cheaper way to do everything, but my mom always ends up picking the more expensive route. Then she b!tches about having to pay for the whole thing. Every time I try to pay for something myself, she throws her card at me and tells me to put it on the wedding card. Its like a no-win situation and its made everything not fun, and I really don't want to deal with it.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:9468e72b-ca1f-435a-b7c1-3b05bafeda7dPost:878a46a9-10bd-40e5-b10c-63389707f571">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : My words exactly. Vent: FI's parents are not well off at all. His dad is disabled, and his mom has not worked in years. My parents knew from the beginning that we would be getting very little help from them for the wedding. After a YEAR of planning, my mom just now decides to ask what FIs family is going to do for the wedding. <strong>She's 'disappointed' that they won't help out.  I appreciate my parent's generosity when it comes to all the money for the wedding. I never expected them to pay for the entire thing (nor did I expect it to be FIVE times what my original budget was). I spend all my time trying to find a cheaper way to do everything, but my mom always ends up picking the more expensive route. Then she b!tches about having to pay for the whole thing.</strong> Every time I try to pay for something myself, she throws her card at me and tells me to put it on the wedding card. Its like a no-win situation and its made everything not fun, and I really don't want to deal with it.
    Posted by StephLove12[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Steph, do we have the same mother?! No matter how many times I've explained to my mom my FI's parents' financial situation and inability to really help beyond a few hundred dollars and making desserts for the dessert table, she refuses to get it. In her black-and-white world, they have jobs, therefore they should be able to help more... and that's not the case at all.</div><div>
    </div><div>Hang in there!

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:9468e72b-ca1f-435a-b7c1-3b05bafeda7dPost:878a46a9-10bd-40e5-b10c-63389707f571">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : My words exactly. Vent: FI's parents are not well off at all. His dad is disabled, and his mom has not worked in years. My parents knew from the beginning that we would be getting very little help from them for the wedding. After a YEAR of planning, my mom just now decides to ask what FIs family is going to do for the wedding. She's 'disappointed' that they won't help out.  I appreciate my parent's generosity when it comes to all the money for the wedding. I never expected them to pay for the entire thing (nor did I expect it to be FIVE times what my original budget was). I spend all my time trying to find a cheaper way to do everything, but my mom always ends up picking the more expensive route. Then she b!tches about having to pay for the whole thing. Every time I try to pay for something myself, she throws her card at me and tells me to put it on the wedding card. Its like a no-win situation and its made everything not fun, and I really don't want to deal with it.
    Posted by StephLove12[/QUOTE]

Gosh everything seems to be going wrong for you!  I hope you can just take a deep breath and focus on the important thing....marrying the love of your life!  All the details won't even matter when the day comes.  And I can totally relate to your mom's reaction and all I can say is she is probably really stressed out too and taking it out in the wrong way.  Just know that she loves you and even if she bitches, she's still just trying to help :)
  • Vent: I'm too busy at work and it's driving me crazy. For months I wasn't getting enough work and it's like the floodgates have opened! I tried to tell the project schedulers that I couldn't take on any more projects, but they keep giving me these really high profile projects that have SUPER quick deadlines and I'm not sure I can keep up! I'm probably going to be getting overitme this week because I have to keep staying late and skipping lunch just to keep up. I guess the overtime is a perk of being an hourly employee.

Confession: I enjoy being busy over not having enough to do, but I sort of missing having lulls in my day to zone out for a while.
  • OMG.... I've been in AZ for a week now and being around my family so much is driving everyone insane.  Yesterday we got in this huge argument because my cousin (he's 16) is a total deucher (sp?) and was saying how he's so good at martial arts because he does cage fighting, blah blah blah.  I said (in not a snarky attitude) "Cage fighters do not know the art of martial arts, yes they know the moves but the grace and elegance of it is missing."  Well, he took it as me saying he sucks and went out whining to his parents who then yelled (literally) at me about being so mean to their kid ALL the time.... wtf? 
    Well, it turned into this huge thing of everyone arguing with each other and a number of people crying.  I went out of the house to go for a walk and found my aunt and grandpa outside and they could see I was upset so they wanted to know what happened and therefore I went to tattle on everyone and my uncle came out and screamed at me.  My grandpa yelled at everyone so loud I could hear it out front walking down the street as he was on his back patio with the trouble makers. 
    There's more to the story than that but essentially my one aunt and her family isolated themselves into being the "perfect ones" so no matter what their problems are bigger and more important than anyone else and we can't say anything different than that or it becomes this huge issue in the family.  My aunt is the drama queen and her kids are no different.  Her husband then just sticks up for everyone in their family and makes everyone else seem like the bad guys.
    No one is still talking to them unless we have to and the funeral is tomorrow so it's going to be a mess.

During the entire argument my mom stuck up for me since it basically became Megan is terrible but she finally had enough and just left everyone as she was in tears.  My dad didn't say a word because basically he never stands up for me or my mom.  Just as our relationship was starting to get a little better this happened.  When my mom and I talked to him today he just argued with us that "Megan runs her mouth all the time and doesn't deserve anyone being nice to her"... again wtf?  In person I'm pretty much how I am here and at the GTGs.  Our relationship is over as far as I'm concerned.
  • Wow MMRoberts, I'm so sorry.  Families can be crazy.  Hopefully the funeral goes as well as a funeral can and you can return to Michigan quickly.  You are in my T&Ps.  You will be married soon and can really write everybody off.  Hopefully your FILs are more stable, nicer people.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Vent: I am supposed to leave work at 330 and I haven't done that in I dont know how long. I worked all day today, then interviewed 5 teacher candidates after work & I am just getting home. I am out of the office Friday, Monday, & maybe Tuesday & I have 6 reports to write. I have 25 student meetings in the next 2 weeks and I'm about to lose my mind. On top of all that, I decided that its a good idea to get a 2nd master's degree, so now I have school work that is due too. Is it bad that I don't care about the grades I get???

Confession: I can't wait until summer vacation so I can do nothing except get married. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession - I haven't been to the gym in over a month :( With my new position I am working 50+ hour and trying to schedule wedding stuff between mine and FI schedule. We have complete opposite days off. I am not eating poorly and walk and talk the stairs whenever I can, but I am bummed at myself.

Vent - I am not going to vent. Sure I get down sometimes, but I am generally a very optimistic person. Overall I am super excited about my wedding and know the next months will fly by so I am trying to savor all it and push negative thoughts away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-89?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:9468e72b-ca1f-435a-b7c1-3b05bafeda7dPost:b6d5b8d3-91a2-45b6-bcae-d36502fb4412">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow MMRoberts, I'm so sorry.  Families can be crazy.  Hopefully the funeral goes as well as a funeral can and you can return to Michigan quickly.  You are in my T&Ps.  You will be married soon and can really write everybody off.  Hopefully your FILs are more stable, nicer people.  
    Posted by mlynn1223[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  My FILs are MUCH more stable; really my FI's entire family is more stable.  They handle issues like adults and then move on from it. 
    My one aunt on my mom's side acts like she's in high school with all the drama she likes to cause and my mom, myself, and my other aunt all wrote her, her husband, and her kids off last night.  My grandpa is now only dealing with them when he has too and said today he doesn't understand it and feels no matter what he does she'll always make everything about her no matter what.  My uncle (mom's brother) is really the only one that still is talking to them but I think it's mostly because he keeps his boat at their house.

I'll be back in MI on Saturday afternoon and can't wait to just get things back to normal.  I love helping my grandpa out but we all need our routine back to normal again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards