Military Brides
Options

Anyone done this before?

FI has signed us up to make something and help serve at at Fisher House dinner. Has anyone else done this or something like it before? He just said we need to bring a side and show up and then help serve dinner.  There's no sign up for what kind of side we're bringing, which makes me a little nervous because I wouldn't want to end up with everyone bringing variations on the same thing. 

Right now I'm planning on making my grandmother's potato casserole. It's simple, and pretty much potatoes and cheese, so pretty much everyone eats it. It's not particularly healthy, but it is really comfort food. 

Here's a link to the Fisher House site:

They do great work and I'm happy to be helping even a little, but I'd kind of like to know what to expect. 

Re: Anyone done this before?

• Options
    I have never done that before but it sounds like a wonderful and rewarding experience. I look forward to hearing how it goes.
  • Options
    Never, but it sounds amazing!! Let us know how it goes! And I think you're ok on your side--with so many people there is bound to be something for everyone's taste. 
  • Options
    Everyone always makes green beans when they have to bring a side.  I think the potatoes are a great idea.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't have experience but such a great cause. We almost stayed in a Fisher House when H was in the hospital but they were full. My aunt and uncle stayed in one when their son was injured and had nothing but wonderful things to say about them. Let us know how it goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards