Registry and Gift Forum

Bridal Shower Hostess Gift?

I was wondering if you girls could help me with something.  I was reading about bridal showers somewhere the other day, and they talked about hostess gifts.  Are these expected?  I had already planned on writing a nice thank you note to each bridesmaid thanking her for the planning and whatever gift I get.  But do I also need to get them a small gift in return, or is that part of their gifts later on?  Is this more for family members who host a shower?  Thanks for any feedback as I definitely do not want to offend any of my fabulous bridesmaids!

Re: Bridal Shower Hostess Gift?

• Etiquette requires that you write a nice thank you to the shower hostesses.  But sort of like taking a bottle of wine when you go to someone's house for dinner, it's nice to give a little thank you gift if you can swing it.  
  • I was going to give my bridesmaids a visa gift card as a thank you for the shower gift.  I was originally going to get them a gift card to get their nails done but was worried that maybe someone wouldn't be able to go with me, so I thought visa gift card and they can use it to get their nails done with me or at a place of their choice or for something else if they don't want to get their nails done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my FMIL friends are hosting and I am writing a note, brining some flowers and a making 2 jars of homemade bath salts and one jar of "cookie in a jar". But i think even wine and a note works. I just didnt go that route because I heard they don't drink.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards