New York-Long Island

Long Island Dress Help!!

I just got lapband in November and have lost 48lbs so far. My wedding is Next March and I want to start looking for dresses but i'm a little worried. Everytime I go to try on dresses I explain to the people that Ive had the surgery and I'm not sure what type of dress I'm looking for. Id like to try on tons of dresses to get some ideas for my "new" body. ( I went from a size 24 to a 14.. sofar...). Can anyone let me know of any places that will let me "try anything and everything" on?

Thanks!!

<

Re: Long Island Dress Help!!

• XxKrazy4uXxKrazy4u member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not sure where in NY you are but i got my dress at Fantasia Bridal in rocky point. They were amazing to work with...i tried on whatever i wanted and was never rushed. their people know the dresses too and designers.  if you go..see carmela or stephanie and tell them you heard about them here. i went with a maggie sottero and im in love with my dress. 
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest Fantasia as well...great staff, give you the time you need.

• edited December 2011
    Fantasia is great, the owner is an absolute sweetheart. Bridal Suite of Centereach was nice as well, and they had a fantastic selection in various price ranges.

Whatever you do, DO NOT go to Paradise in Patchogue. They're horrible, and will screw you over in one way or another.
  • Monkegrl204Monkegrl204 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Village Bridal in babylon and Bridal Reflections in Massapequa/Carle Place I found to be great places. As well as Angel Bridal's in Islip (thats where I found mine!)  I don't particulary care for Lillette's in Bellmore. Good Luck!
    image August 1, 2011 RSVP Date

296 image Invited to party!!
    150 image Will be dancing the night away
    53 image are party poopers!
  • edited December 2011
    Fantasia Bridal and Bridal Suite of Centereach & Bay Shore were great when I went to try on dresses. 
    I ended up getting my dress at the Demetrios store in Macys (Smithhaven Mall)
    Good luck in your search! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Bridal Reflections in Massapequa.  Worked with MaryLou who is a DOLL!!!!  I went to Carle Place as well. The consultants are sweethearts and I think you will have more time to try on dresses if you go during the week at night or during the day if you can take time off of work.  If they are less busy, they any place will be more than willing to give you the time you need.  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards