Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Clueless for August honeymoon

We are getting married at the beginning of August and we are struggling with where to go on our honeymoon. We have thought about Mexico, but ruled it out because we figured it would be too hot. We also have thought about Hawaii or somewhere in the Caribbean but are afraid the weather won't cooperate. We have also thought about an Alaskan Cruise but the dates that I have looked up won't work with our schedule.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me that I haven't thought of yet? Would Hawaii in August work as far as weather because I am getting mixed reports depending on where I look!

Thanks!!

Re: Clueless for August honeymoon

• Options
    Hawaii will be fine they don't get hit by hurricanes. The island is a little hotter in August, but is a very safe bet in August. I am also going there beginning of August.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh, oh yes they do get hit by hurricanes! We flew in 6 hours before one hit the island last summer for our wedding.

August is hot - one of the hottest months of the year, but for Hawai'i, it's not that big a change in the weather. You'll have a great time, no matter when you go!
  • Options
    i would go were you really want &get travel insurance
  • Options
    I saw this website on a knot post a long while ago, and signed up for weekly emails of the  "Top 20 bargains". www.travelzoo.com

They comb all the travel sites, airlines, etc and put up the best deals. Check them out. You might come up with an idea that you never thought of.

August is one of the hottest months around the northern half of the world, so decide what it is that you and fiance want to do (sight seeing, beaches, history, etc) and then pick a place, keeping in mind it is hurricane season in the Atlantic and parts of the Pacific.

Southern California is hot, but rarely affected by much rain in August

Good luck.
  • Options
    Aruba!! Out of hurricane belt.
  • Options
    We were in Hawaii last August for our honeymoon and it beautiful weather.  It was hot but still comfortable.  
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    hawaii's hurricane season ends Oct 15 and aruba's ends Nov 30. they've both been hit by hurricanes before.

• Options
    We are going to Mexico in the beginning of August for our honeymoon (Playa del Carmen) and I am just planning on dealing with the heat--we're coming from Texas anyway so we're used to it. The average high then is only around 90 degrees which isn't so bad to me, if you're at the beach or the pool. But I'm used to 105 degrees in August!

If you're looking to avoid hurricanes I have heard that Puerto Vallarta is really nice, and since it's on the Pacific side of Mexico it doesn't get hurricanes. Costa Rica also would be out of the hurricane belt but both places would be hot.

How about a beach in the states? I love Hilton Head, SC. Or how about a non-beach vacation, like to San Francisco? It's beautiful, with so much to do! Or Napa Valley?

I have never been to Hawaii but I bet it would be lots of fun! Good luck making your decision.
  • Options
    I am in the same boat. I think we have decided on New York. We both have wanted to go there and neither of us were really looking to go somewhere tropical in the middle of the summer.

Our other option was CA I heard San Fran is fun and doing the wine country I heard is also a romantic way to spend a honeymoon.  Good luck....I would be interested to hear what you pick, please post if you can!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_clueless-august-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:651ad697-959d-4fc9-903e-a691adf5503ePost:9a58e75a-7d05-4da0-81cd-1ed486618063">Re: Clueless for August honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE] Good luck....I would be interested to hear what you pick, please post if you can!
    Posted by erinchris82010[/QUOTE]
    My fiance and I have decided to go to Europe and Egypt. We will spend 2 days in Rome, two days in Athens and two days in Cairo! We are very excited because neither of us have ever been to any of these places and have always wanted to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards