Ohio-Columbus
Options

FREE or LOW out/indoor Ceremony AND reception anyone??

Were planning our wedding to either be Sept 18 or October 9th in the evening.. Were interested in the outdoor ceremony with a tented reception idea. Does ANYONE know of some places that are CHEAP/FREE?? I have a low budget but I still want it to be nice..  I'd consider doing it inside as well if it was a nice banquet hall or something. PLEASE help me, I'm at my wits end with this venue finding stuff...Embarassed

Re: FREE or LOW out/indoor Ceremony AND reception anyone??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are an alum of any college you may be able to swing a deal there. That's what we're doing with my alma mater (only $250 to rent the chapel, and $250 to rent the reception venue)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Parks are pretty cheap, but you would obviously have to check the availibility. Also, you cannot have any alcohol, so if that is an issue, a park may not be the best idea.

Do you know anyone with a large backyard where you could just rent some tents and what not and have it there? I have seen this done before. What about Hocking Hills or the Renaissance Festival (if that is your thing)? Buckeye Lake? Cheers Chalet in Lancaster is another option - but I don't know about the pricing, you would have to check on that. I am guessing it wouldn't be too much though.

A friend of mine had her reception (I think you can get married there as well) at the Event Center out in Newark. I know she said it was pretty cheap.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dawes Arboretum....outdoor weddings with indoor space...but have to use their caterers.  We are having our wedding there and reception at Brews...Dawes is in Newark and Brews is in Granville.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards