Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Tables: rectangle or round?

Trying to decide which way to go with reception tables, round feels like the obvious choice but is it over done? any good ideas about how to arrange rectangles?

Re: Tables: rectangle or round?

• Options
    I prefer round tables.  I'd probably just line the rectangular tables up in rows, so that's not terribly exciting.
  • Options
    LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    Round tables are more conducive to being able to hold a conversation with everyone at your table and being able to see them. They are also easier to get in and out of and are easier on any waitstaff.  They have more room on the tables to hold everything you need.

Rectangle tables take up a smaller amount of space but that really is the only advantage. You aren't able to see or talk to everyone at the table. They are very difficult to get in and out of, especially if there are tables on either side of you. This is a problem for waitstaff as well.  Due to how  they are made, they are very cramped for space, so as soon as you get your place settings on the table, you really don't have room for centerpieces or anything else.
  • Options
    I have no choice but to use rectangle tables since that's what comes with the venue. They'll probably be arranged in rows of some sort, but I'm not sure if they'll go long ways or short ways yet - have plenty of time to decide exactly what will go on.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    We have worked with both in almost every location I have worked with. And ultimatly, guests prefer round. Rectangular may look nice but guests seem more comfortable with the traditional round table. Also keep in mind that when selecting rounds, make it comfortable for your guests. If your going to have 8 guests at the table, make the rounds 60". If your going to have 10, request 72" rounds. Requesting larger tables gives your guests more elbow room. Good luck and best wishes to you both!
  • Options
    My Venue comes with rectangle tables and has enough room for me to put two together. They will comfortably seat 10 people. 3 on each side and 2 at each end. I thought it would be a change from setting them up in a long row.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards