Chit Chat

Which is more likely to cause you a bridal meltdown...

judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.

Re: Which is more likely to cause you a bridal meltdown...

• I picked the first one.  Really, I haven't had a meltdown since I was about 7, and it just wouldn't happen.  But I would have been really sad if my MOH ended up not being able to make it.  
  • None of these choices are a good enough reason to go bridezilla.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • My MOH would show up on her deathbed. Seriously she would force them toroll that bed right in! She's been friends with FI almost as long as she's been friends  with me and she's super excited!
  • Not everything on my wedding day went well and sometimes when I think about the one issue  that upset me a little ( I had ignored my gut when I hired my cake baker) I still get a bit disappointed. But during the actual day of my wedding, I was so happy and excited to marry the man of my dreams that nothing really phased me at the time.

• none of the above.

I had a full blown Tropical Storm (almost a hurricane)with wind driven rains on wedding day.  Oh did I mention it was to be a beach wedding???  

I never had a meltdown over that, so I can't see me having a meltdown on any of your choices.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Anyone who selects "D" has lost sight of what a wedding is really about.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.

• I chose B..because I too can be scatterbrained..however, much to my surprise I didn't have a meltdown. A Billion things went wrong RIGHT before I was due to leave my house to head to our wedding and I left a billion things at home...much were things I DIY'd and worked very hard on...but I just kept myself in check. I laughed it off and the night went beautifully, turned out...those little millions of things didn't make a difference in how amazing my day went :)

• I have to say the last one for I do believe that every thing I ask for was not that hard.
  • I picked B because Im a pretty anxious person and just thinking of some of the things to do the last week while Im still working makes me want to cry, not become bridezilla and yell at people but just cry due to anxiety.... FI and mom says everything will be just fine because I have so much done already and its 4 months away.....
  • I picked A because I can really depend on my maid of honors, and if they weren't there, I'd be really, really bummed. I wouldn't have a meltdown persay, but I would be really upset. Good thing I have 3 of them!
  • For me it's the trying to please everyone!!!! I have 10 bridesmaides, 3 mothers, 1 grandmother, and mutiple friends giving me advice.. It's exhausting listening to all of them!!

• I have to admit with how organized my mom, my stepmom, my FMIL, and I am there is no way that I will be overwhelmed with anything.  My sister is my MOH and she would stand next to me even if she felt like she was about to die.  I am such a planner and have the hall the night before to do everything that I need, so I know that it will be to my specifications! I'm a perfectionist, what can I say.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think I would have a meltdown, but I chose B because I'm easily stressed out.  If a happened, I really think my MOH would be there regardless.  I wouldn't meltdown if she couldn't be there anyway, I would just feel bad for her.  Because if she really WAS sick enough to actually not come, that would be pretty bad.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I keep you with me in my heart, you make it easier when life gets hard.
  • I would be upset if my sister (MOH) wasn't there, but nothing will give me a meltdown when I have my Alfy at the end of the aisle!  As for the third option, this is MY day and I suppose I am vain enough not to care as long as I am happy!
  • Not sure melt down would be the right way to describe it... I picked A because it would be really disappointing to not have my MOH at the wedding. But I 'm not sure I would have a full on melt down because I'm just not that kind of person. 
  • I was the MOH in my friend's wedding and was really sick that day. I was up at 3am puking, but I still went to the wedding and everything. It sucked, since it was 100 degrees, outside, and no shade... but there is no reason a MOH should not be there.. except somebody dying.

I chose B... it's the only one that made sense.

• Oh, man...you must have read my mind.

I picked C, because that's pretty much what's getting on my nerves right now. I live in northern New Jersey, and my fiance and I are planning to get married in Philadelphia. For as long as we've been planning (we've been engaged a little over a month, and planning for as long), I have been hearing the same question from everyone: "Why do you want to get married in Philadelphia? It's going to be so inconvient for everyone." The answer remains the same - because my fiance and I love Philly - we go there several times each year, he used to live there, and it was the first trip we ever took together. In short, it's rich in meanings for both of us.

And, after pricing receptions in our area, and suffering from the worst cases of sticker shock that either of us have ever had, we discovered that our first choice of reception venue was a third of the price of doing it around here. We're more than wiling to coordinate with people so that everyone's  accomodated comfortably, and we've been making allowances, but the bottom line is that it's our wedding, and we're going to do it the way that we want to do it.

But of course, that's going to piss people off. Which is stressing me out. So, yeah. B.  ::sigh::
  • Yeah there's really not a legitimate reason to have a meltdown. Relax, realize that everything will be ok even though there will be things that don't go as planned. Enjoy your day for what it's supposed to be- you're getting MARRIED!!! :) 
  • edited March 2010
    i'm a pretty easy going person in general so i highly doubt i'd be a bridezilla.. but i said d. how it looks & the atmosphere is definitely one of the most important things to me. i'm really artistic & have a very specific vision so even though i'm prolly setting it up myself the day before [to ensure it's how i want it].. if i was in the situation where someone else was, especially if i paid, & it wasn't done how i told them to i'd be pissed. 

but since i am making & doing so many things myself i could also see it being b. 
  • Well, since we're having it at my parent's house, my sister (MOH) will be there, even if she's sick in bed, b/c she still lives there when she's not at school.
    And since we're hiring a wedding coordinator this week, she will be there to take care of  any last min details.
    And I know my fam and my fiance's fam will be happy for us no matter what their personal prefs, and my friends will enjoy a good party with music and booze, which is good, b/c I'm not a people pleaser.
    So, the last one is the only thing on this list I see bothering me at all. Not meltdown worthy. But a potential for disappointment.
    MKP
  • I chose the pleasing everyone option because that's what's been getting to me most. I'm already bracing for my MOH to not be able to make it (she's due 15 days after the wedding!)
    BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • I have a had meltdown pretty much every step of the way.  I chose the D.  I actually had a dream about my reception and it turned out to be terrible nothing was what I wanted and it was very upsetting.  This whole planning has been very upsetting for me and pretty much I ask my fiance if we can just elope and deal with all of this.  Every time I think about things I have given up it makes me upset and then I don't want to do anything anymore.
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    I'd be pretty upset if my MOH couldn't go. She is AT LEAST as important to me as my fiance! But I think it would take a lot more than the flu to keep her away.

C is going to stress me out but I'm not going to have a meltdown over it. If people don't like what I do then too bad.

B shouldn't be a problem because I'm keeping things simple. I am just NOT that concerned about the color of my napkins LOL!

D... no way. Actually if I had the money I'd have somebody else plan the whole thing and surprise me. My fiance is the important part, not the silverware or the colors or anything like that.
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • None of these would make me meltdown. 

I'd be worried that my MOH is sick and probably tell her she should stay in bed and rest rather than pushing herself to be there.

Considering I started planning my wedding last year and it's not until next year, if there are any last minute details, I'd be surprised.

I'm not trying to please everyone, it's my wedding damnit!

My vision for my reception can't be screwed up; my vision is a huge fun party with everyone in celebration; thus it could be done anywhere with any decor.

What would give me a meltdown is certain people not behaving, but we have already know what we'd do.  If someone misbehaves, no matter who it is (family or friends), gets kicked out.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards