Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Close enough/Good morning!

What's up ladies?  Tell me about your upcoming day.

I'm excited because we're going to a museum tonight and taking the ferry to get there.  I can't decide if I am more excited about the ferry or the museum. Heh.  http://www.louisiana.dk/uk/Menu/Visit+Louisiana

Aaaaand it's raining again.  A week straight.  Seriously.  WTF.

Re: Close enough/Good morning!

• Options
    Another day, another $.50. I've been asked to give up my planning period again this year to tutor math in in-school suspension, so being the money-grubbing hoar that I am, I've agreed. But that means I've got to get my schitt together before 8:30 instead of by 9:30.

I would take some rain about now. We had some wicked storms Friday, to the extent that the school lost 3 trees to lightening strikes. Good thing they struck after the students were gone.
  • Options
    Good Morning!

We had a busy day.  The tile in our laundry area was finished, and we took out, cleaned, painted the frames and re-installed the louvre windows in there.  H will finish sreening them tomorrow.

I woud like to smack the person who decided that 28 panes of glass was a good idea. 

I want to go to a museum :-(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good morning!

Amoro: that museum looks really beautiful. I love taking ferry rides and seeing all the fish and animals in the water.

Will be headed to work in about 45 minutes. Second day. Yesterday went well, we really do have a good class. There are a few kids that I could see right away that are going to need a little extra help. But overall, happy to wake up and go to work in the morning. I haven't been able to say that for about a year since I have had my own class.
  • Options
    Aaaaaannnnndddd, the new "improved" grading program that the district has implemented has lost every grade. I'm starting the third week of school, people. Don't fuckaround with my gradebook! Fucking fuuckers.
  • Options
    Good morning!  Sorry about the rain, Amoro, that sucks.

I'm at work, then taking off for RI for the night.  One of my friends from college lost her father this weekend (cancer), and the wake is tonight.  Funeral is tomorrow.  I don't want to try to navigate 95 in the morning, since the funeral is north of Providence...I know I'd never be there in time, and being late for a funeral = really awkward.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Missy, I don't think I'm going to see much of anything.  It's raining heavily today.

I want to go to work. :( 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_close-enoughgood-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:226f1531-9172-46b6-8d57-8ac94feb66fcPost:4eaf0436-1bcf-44c3-8eee-d3735dbd0b6b">Re: Close enough/Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Missy, I don't think I'm going to see much of anything.  It's raining heavily today. I want to go to work. :( 
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess thats true. But maybe the rain will stop and the sun will come out by the time you guys are ready to go.
  • Options
    Aww.. you're an optimist aren't you? :)

Bay, that's going to be a tough day. 
  • Options
    baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2010
    Yeah...I feel so bad for her.  Her dad was a really great guy, I visited her at her house several times, to spend the weekend, and her parents were both wonderful people.  It's very sad.

The only part of the trip I'm really looking forward to is seeing all of the girls.  Because most of them live in RI and we're all really busy, we only really see each other when someone gets married or something like that.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_close-enoughgood-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:226f1531-9172-46b6-8d57-8ac94feb66fcPost:5c596870-4df3-4f05-ab59-77343383c235">Re: Close enough/Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww.. you're an optimist aren't you? :) Bay, that's going to be a tough day. 

Ha! H would beg to differ on that one with you. I have certainely been getting better at staying more positive.
  • Options
    I can not deny that it is, in fact, morning. Whether it is a good morning... well that remains to be seen. 

Amoro I'm glad you've got plans to get out and do something today! That museum looks very nice. I hope the weather clears up for you! 

Baystate, you're a good friend to go be there for your college buddy. Losing a parent is rough.
  • Options
    Have a great time at the museum Amoro.

I'm here but SUPER busy.  A lady at work decided that she was too stressed out and just isn't going to come to work for the next 2 weeks leaving us F*CKED />  It wasn't like she prepared for it like a vacation, just decided she couldn't handle coming in.  So now my work load is coming from 8 directions.  Oh well, I'm only doing what I have time to do and the rest has to wait, not going to stress about any of it.

I'm looking forward to this weekend.  T is throwing his friend a bachelor party so I'm vacating the house and taking Jocelyn to stay at my mom's house.  It'll be fun to get out of the city for a night. 

• Options
    Holy crap Stacks! Did she have a nervous breakdown? That's ridiculous. And also isn't going to work, probably. I don't know about you, but if I even take a day off, let along two weeks, I come back to mountains of catch-up work.
  • Options
    Um, Stack, I hope that lady be fired and you get someone who does their job.  That's bullshit.
  • Options
    It's definitely morning. We got up, started getting read and the power goes out. We don't have windows in the bathrooms, so I had to find the matches to light the candles. Turns out half our neighborhood went out. For no reason we can fathom.

Then I get to my bus stop seconds after the bus pulls away. He didn't stop. He was early by 8 minutes. I'm a biitch, so I called Transit and complained. Don't have a freaking schedule if you don't follow the freaking schedule. 8 minutes early is ridiculous.

So I took a cab. Cab driver doesn't have change, so I had to make change out of my store. Nice guy, but you need to have change or a credit card machine. You need one or the other.

To top it all off, the e-bar at Nordstrom isn't open yet and I WANT COFFEE.

planning

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_close-enoughgood-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:226f1531-9172-46b6-8d57-8ac94feb66fcPost:75e6893f-0d49-464a-a23b-f69f6006648e">Re: Close enough/Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um, Stack, I hope that lady be fired and you get someone who does their job.  That's bullshit.

That's what would happen to me if I ever called in for two weeks and said that I just was "too stressed" to handle it.  They'd call me back and say "We'll find someone else capable enough to balance work AND their personal issues."  What total crap.

• Options
    Morning! I have a boss free day today, so that was an unexpected surprise.

Stacks that really sucks about your job. How can she get away with taking a vacation without warning? She really should be fired if she's not going to come to work because she apparently can't handle the job. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm having a crappy morning.  I think I ate something bad last night or something... I'm really, really nauseous.  To make it worse, somebody just cooked something really gross smelling.   Bleh, I hope this goes away soon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_close-enoughgood-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:226f1531-9172-46b6-8d57-8ac94feb66fcPost:327e020f-9b2b-4d79-acaa-3490542dc369">Re: Close enough/Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's definitely morning. We got up, started getting read and the power goes out. We don't have windows in the bathrooms, so I had to find the matches to light the candles. Turns out half our neighborhood went out. For no reason we can fathom. Then I get to my bus stop seconds after the bus pulls away. He didn't stop. He was early by 8 minutes. I'm a biitch, so I called Transit and complained. Don't have a freaking schedule if you don't follow the freaking schedule. 8 minutes early is ridiculous. So I took a cab. Cab driver doesn't have change, so I had to make change out of my store. Nice guy, but you need to have change or a credit card machine. You need one or the other. To top it all off, the e-bar at Nordstrom isn't open yet and I WANT COFFEE.
    Posted by JanoBean75[/QUOTE]

Oh no.  That sounds like a miserable day!
  • Options
    Kiks, I hope you feel better soon.

• Options
    Kiki, I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    I'm not sure how she's getting away with it, or if she even will.  She conveniently did it the first day our director was off for a trip to France.  So not sure how it'll go when he gets back and finds out about everything.  She's a very pivitol person in our research group so although they won't be happy (AT ALL) with her, I can't see her getting fired. 

All I know is I have something SUPER important to try to get permission for when the director comes back and my chances of getting it ok'd have definitely gone down if he comes back to this crap and is in a bad mood. 
  • Options
    kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Thanks, Bay & waltzing.  I think I'll feel a lot better when the smell filters out of here.
  • Options
    Have fun Amoro, it looks awesome!

Today, hmm.. Not much planned, its garbage day.. So thats always fun right? Ry did fix the roof yesterday and his father installed the dishwasher (happy dance), its not installed at the moment, the plumbing hasn't been done but atleast its not sitting in the middle of my kitchen.
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    Kiki's pregnant! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_close-enoughgood-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:226f1531-9172-46b6-8d57-8ac94feb66fcPost:fafa4a1a-8798-4c1a-abee-8af40cd6c9d4">Re: Close enough/Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kiki's pregnant! 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

...Yup.  After the smell comment, it certainly sounds that way!

• Options
    Kiki, are you KU? Innocent
  • Options

I sure as fuuck hope not!

• Options
    Kiki, have you tried chewing on some mint gum? It'll make you smell mint but its also supposed to soothe your stomach.
     Its worth a try.
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_close-enoughgood-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:226f1531-9172-46b6-8d57-8ac94feb66fcPost:5a9f8c09-b84d-4a39-80c3-cce407399290">Re: Close enough/Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I sure as fuuck hope not!
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

That was my sister's #1 complaint when she was first KUed! Everything smelled bad and made her sick, even her boss's cinnamon oatmeal. She made him eat it in the hall before coming in the office.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards