Maine

catering recs/introduction!

Hi ladies,

I've been a knottie for a while now, but only have recently jumped onto the Maine board!. My fiance and I live in Rhode Island and were starting to plan a wedding in Rhode Island until we realized that having a big wedding in our home state wasn't really what we wanted at all. So, take two! We both are in love with the Portland area and are planning to host a smaller (around 60 max) farm and outdoor-inspired wedding with our closest friends and immediate family sometime next June. So, HELLO and thank you in advance for any advice I receive from you lovely ladies along the way!

I was wondering if I could get any recommendations or suggestions for catering in this area? I have a call into Blue Elephant but also wanted to contact at least one or two more. Preferably companies or individuals who are willing to work with smaller parties and who can also help me with other details like tables, chairs, dishware, etc because I'm going to doing much of the planning 2.5 hours away. 

Thanks again and I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts!

Re: catering recs/introduction!

• kay0003kay0003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had Blue Elephant cater our wedding and they were fantastic :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I live just over the RI border in MA, and am also getting married in Maine, but up in Bethel which is about 2 hours from Portland.  We are using The Good Food Store, who are located in Bethel.  They are not a "traditional" catering company, but they have been worderful and an unbelievable resource.  We had them cook us a meal because they don't do tastings (more of a mom and pop operation) but oh my goodness the food was amazing and divine.  About as far from catering food as you can get, which is just what we wanted.  I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for or not, but I thought I'd share.   Good luck and happy planning!
    Married 9.4.11
  • Bunnybride79Bunnybride79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you, thank you for sharing!!

I've heard a few good things about Blue Elephant and can't wait to talk to them. :)  I also recently filled out the "contact us" info for Black Tie Catering. I think one more would be perfect! Keep the suggestions coming! :)

• edited December 2011
    we had Lord Caron's Catering.. they are fairly new but our guests raved about their food :)  Very reasonably priced too.
    Christine & Paul- October 2, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We are using the Blue Elephant as well and they have been so easy and fun to work with so far! Good luck with your planning and keep us posted on your progress! 
  • Bunnybride79Bunnybride79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will do and thank you!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards