Jewish Weddings
Options

Very bad family news-long

My husband was involved in an automobile accident on Thursday evening which nearly took his life.  He underwent emergency surgery immediatlely afterwards due to massive internal hemorrhaging, requiring many, many transfusions.  When the surgeon came to talk to my FIL, he was not sure if his son was alive or not.  Additionally, he had to undergo another emergecy surgical procedure due to post-op complications. 

In addition to the massive internal injuries, he sustained multiple fractures which will require months and months of recovery.  The orthopedic surgeon is waiting until he is more stable surgically repair his fractured femur.  Additionally, he has multiple fractured ribs, mandible (jaw),. clavicle (shoulder blade), and humerus (that is if I'n not forgetting anything).

I am too numb and in too much shock to write any more but this has been the most devastating, more painful experience of my life.  Thank god that everyone involved after the accident from the 911 operator to the surgeon and antheshesiologist and everyone in between all did their jobs.  I am eternally grateful that he is not only alive, though critical at the moment, but has not sustain spinal cord or traumatic head injury.

The accident took place in Phoenix on what was supposed to be a very brief but happy visit to finalize his new employment contract and spend one night of Hannukah with his father, stepmother and sisters.  Obviously the visit will be neither brief nor happy as we will be here indefinitely.  I had to wait until early Friday morning to fly out there and the time between finding out about the accident and the time the surgeon called me to tell me he pulled through were the most agonizing time I've ever spent.

This accident really reinforces how precious life is and how everything can change in the blink of an eye.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Very bad family news-long

• Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am SO sorry you're going through such a devastating experience!  Knottie vibes and prayers to you and your husband!
  • Options
    ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG...hugs from California!

I'll be saying a misheberach.
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tenofcups4metenofcups4me member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you and your husband are going through this. My thoughts are with you, especially for a speedy and complete recovery for him and strength and peace for you.
  • Options
    silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thinking of you and your family and praying for a full and speedy recovery for your husband.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LBRM_NJLBRM_NJ member
    edited December 2011
    My G-d, sending many many prayers to yhou and your husband.  I just emailed you.....
    Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Molly, I am so sorry about this but also glad that your husband should be all right.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  I know I speak for the whole board when I say that we are here for you if you need anything from us.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so very sorry. I wish hope that he has a speedy and painless recovery. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry! I'm so glad he pulled through the surgery. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you. I hope you have a support system there and I'm also praying for a speedy recovery for your husband.
    imageimage
    October 2013 February Siggy Challenge: Valentine's Day Fail Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    EDD 10/3/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Molly, I am so sorry to hear about this accident and wish the best for your DH, yourself and your families.  Many prayers and vibes for a full and speedy recovery.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Molly I am so sorry to hear about this.  I'm happy that your husband pulled through the surgery and you both seem very strong.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG. I am soooo sorry. I see things like this every day (not surprising since I am a nurse in a Trauma Center), and it is always a huge fear of mine that someone I know will roll in. I'm so glad that everyone did their jobs and your husband is on the (long) road to recovery. We are always here for you if you need anything, or just want to vent or whatever. I'll be praying for him (and for you)! Thank G-d all of his injuries are ones that will heal - and he is young so that is in his favor.
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My prayers and thoughts for a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    razdazzlerazdazzle member
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry that you and your husband are going through this.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  I hope your husband has a speedy recovery. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am soo sorry!! Think positive right now.. He is alive and G-d is going to help him recover and make it thru this ... Praying everyday for you and your family honey..
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards