New Hampshire

Durham NH area JP?

We are looking for a JP in the Durham NH area. We want to have a non religious ceremony. We are also on a pretty tight budget so someone on the less expensive side is prefered. Anyone have good(or bad) experiences with JPs in the area?
Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
Natural m/c: 10/17/11
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Me (Katie)
DX:PCOS
DH (Adam
Married 10/11/12
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
TTC #1 since 3/12

Re: Durham NH area JP?

• Damien LeDoux is amazing; he officiated our wedding last month.  He is out of Dover, and is EXTREMELY inexpensive; if he had charged us twice what he did, he still would have been cheaper than every other JP we contacted.  He gives some great advice as far as ceremony writing goes, or you can use one of his pre-written ceremonies.  He's clearly very happy to preside over any type of ceremony you choose, and can even provide his own Darth Vader costume should you decide to do something totally wacky and sci-fi ;)

Let him know Hunter & Abbe recommended him!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • You could check out  findajp(dot)com

Our JP was Jane Rokes, from Keene.  We really liked her and the ceremony she wrote for us. I'm sure she would travel to Durham.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks girls! This was really helpful! I'll be sure to check them out! I can't imagine what I would need a darth vader costume for, but I'm almost tempted to work it in somehow now :P And DrPB2b13, it I pick him I'll be sure to let him know you recomended him!
    Me (Katie)
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_durham-nh-area-jp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:05604570-b27e-4998-80b3-9dfc93e393d3Post:1325fc0c-ca45-4b88-a789-559d63f23ea4">Re: Durham NH area JP?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks girls! This was really helpful! I'll be sure to check them out!<strong> I can't imagine what I would need a darth vader costume for, but I'm almost tempted to work it in somehow now :P</strong> And DrPB2b13, it I pick him I'll be sure to let him know you recomended him!
    Posted by xconf143usionx[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, of course he'll officiate in "regular" clothing if you request; he wore a suit & tie for ours, and even ensured he wouldn't clash with the bridesmaids!</div>
  • From his website it looks like he only does civil ceremonies. He does regular ceromonies too right?

Me (Katie)
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_durham-nh-area-jp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:05604570-b27e-4998-80b3-9dfc93e393d3Post:9a1db7ee-95f5-4041-b68b-c9aaa2082345">Re: Durham NH area JP?</a>:
    [QUOTE]From his website it looks like he only does civil ceremonies. He does regular ceromonies too right?
    Posted by xconf143usionx[/QUOTE]

<div>Civil ceremony essentially just means he does legal wedding ceremonies that are not religious.  It is still a "regular" ceremony.  If you're asking about his declared support of marriage equality for lesbians & gays, he is a strong proponent but does perform straight marriages too (mine certainly was!).</div>
  • I recommend Matthew Thomas, spiritof1776mt@msn.com. He is around $150 I believe and very accomodating!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards