Attire & Accessories Forum

Help?! My shoes came in and they're too big

Hey guys,
I ordered my "ceremony" shoes (i.e. D'Orsay pumps) from an online bridal shoe store.  They're perfect in every way.  The color is great, the style is fabulous and they were only $30!!! - BUT - I ordered my normal size (7 1/2) and I should have gotten a 7.  The store (of course) doesn't take returns on colored shoes.  Does anyone have any advice for making these work?  I've thought about just sticking the little heel petal things in the heel to take up some of the space.   Since they're open toed I can't stuff anything in the toe.  Has anyone had any success with this?  Any advice or any other ideas would be so appreciated.  I love these shoes and don't want to end up buying more shoes if I can just make these do. 

ps - I"m wearing customized Converse for the reception and dancing and stuff.

Thanks
Brooke
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help?! My shoes came in and they're too big

• I've bought heel stickies several times.  I don't remember which ones work and which ones don't, but if you've got time you can figure out which ones really stick and which will turn around and be stuck to your heel after a few minutes. I know the clear ones suck, and I liked the ones that were a beige color and material covered.  I think I got them at Target (it's been a few years)
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • I put heel stickys on all of my heels.  They work great.  I recommend foot petals for your wedding shoes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have stuck these in my heels before but never to actually take up space.  These are pretty big, I'm probably going to have to use 2 sticky things on each heel (if not 3?!)  I wish I'd went ahead and gotten the size smaller but there is nothing worse than a shoe thats too snug!
  • What about ordering a new pair since they were only $30 and selling your current pair on ebay?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_shoes-came-theyre-big?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:ab5d6e12-f577-4082-ad43-0d54abb88521Post:c85e7fcb-b67f-4602-a460-3486ff845e43">Re: Help?! My shoes came in and they're too big</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about ordering a new pair since they were only $30 and selling your current pair on ebay?
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

This.  If you can stick a finger in the back of your heel, they're WAY too big.  Sell the ones you have and order a new pair.  How does the front of the shoe feel, though?  If it feels good to just slightly snug, the 7's will probably be too tight in the front, in which case you may want to just look for a new style.

If you do decide to use heel liners, DEFINITELY go with the fabric ones.  Gel just rolls right out of the shoe.  If you put the liners in before the wedding, get some cheap fabric glue and actually GLUE them in the shoe when you know for sure that they work; the adhesive that comes on the back of the liners wears off over time, you don't want yours popping out when you're walking down the aisle!
  • I suggest selling them on ebay since they only cost $30 and finding a shoe with the proper fit. 
  • I may just do this.  With shipping (and dyeing) I think I paid $50 total but I could still sell these for that on ebay I think.  I may just wait and order from the bridal salon so I can actually try the shoe on.  I'm Ms. Frugal though so when I saw these on sale I jumped at it.  I'm afraid the 7 will be too snug across the top of my foot.  Sigh, shoe issues. lol  Honestly I don't want to pay a lot for them because depending on how soft the ground is I may go barefoot down the aisle anyways.  So these shoes would mainly just be for pictures. 

I do need a smaller size though because you can get your finger between the heel of the shoe and my heel.

Thanks for all the advice ladies!
  • I would maybe try the stickies that go in the shoe where the ball of your foot sits.  Im not sure how big the shoes are on you, but I think its worth a try.  I put these in most of heels for added comfort, and it also helps your foot from moving around so much. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards