Nebraska

Ellyne Bridal Lincoln?

Has anyone been to Ellyne Bridal in Lincoln? I'm having the hardest time finding a dress that I like and I'm 7 months out from my wedding at this point. What was your experience with them? Thanks!
August 6, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Ellyne Bridal Lincoln?

• edited December 2011
    I thought they had the best couture dresses, but they were a touch snobby.  Plus the girl who helped me didn't even know how to lace up a dress. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine who got married this last October had a terrible experience with Ellynne Bridal, and said she would not recommend them.  She ended up having to buy two dresses because they told her that she had ordered both.  Then, she received a bunch of jewelry in the mail and called the store about it.  They told her she had ordered all the jewelry as well.  She ended up having to pay for everything in the end.  She said she didn't argue with them beause they were very difficult to work with and instead of going through the stress of dealing with them she would just try selling the dress/jewelry on her own.
  • edited December 2011
    I also thought they had really nice gowns, but yeah, a little uppity.  Generally they were out of my price range when I bought my dress about two years ago (goodness). I'm really surprised they'd have such awful customer service though -- yikes! 
    wedding & portrait photographer in lincoln, nebraska ~ emphasizing genuine emotion & spontaneous expression ~ http://www.nikkimoorephotography.com ~ 402-882-1066
  • ashleye1018ashleye1018 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from there and actually just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. I went to several stores and tried on tons of dresses, they by far had the best dress selection and overall I had the best experience there. Everywhere I went it seemed like the sales associate would keep pulling dresses for me with aspects that I had already mentioned I didn't like and then try to sell me on the dress. At Elynne's I was able to pull my own dresses. The only time the sales associate pulled dresses for me was when I asked if there were additional dresses with features that l liked.  Also, they have a couple of very large fitting rooms that have a full length mirror, pedistol, and chair in the room. i really enjoyed the added privacy that this provided. The only complaint that I had was when I originally ordered my dress (in June) they said it was going to be delivered in late January, but to call in a few months as the delivery date can change. When I called in November, they told me that the dress had actually been delayed to mid February, which would only leave me with three months to get alterations done. After stressing about this for about 2 weeks they called to tell me the dress was in, this made me feel like they really didn't know what was going on concerning their shipments.
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress from there. So far I have had a good experience. However they did tell me the price on the dress I liked and come to find out it was almost $150 more. my dress has not come in yet but I only ordered it a month ago
  • mallen34mallen34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress there, and agree with most of the previous reviews posted. Horrible customer service, but great dress selection. I would have bought my dress elsewhere if there was another salon that had such a great dress selection.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HiLLjOHiLLjO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved Ellyne. I didn't end up purchasing a dress because the kinds of dresses they have come with horrendous price tags for the most part. However, they were the most positively bridal experience I had anywhere. I was treated very kindly and the gal was really helpful. I even got a thank you note for coming the next business day after the weekend. It had to have been sent the very next morning from when I went! Definitely worth a gander at the very least!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kay_marie00kay_marie00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my BM dress there for my sister's wedding and from my experience with them I decided not to shop there for my wedding dress. They were extremely snotty.

I got my dress at Azurite Bridal in Lincoln. The owner is absolutely amazing and was very helpful. She also offers brides a big discount on their alterations there (I am paying $60 for all my alterations to include the hem, taking in the bust a little and bustling).

Good Luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I must be one of the only ones who had a positive experience here. I found a great dress at a great price (less than $1200 with everything) and my consultant let me pick out what I wanted at first and then she pulled dresses after I mentioned things that I liked about the ones I tried on.  
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I liked the big room to try stuff on, but the saleslady didn't help me into the dress-- even though the only other two people with me were quite obviously physically handicapped. I did like the couture looks, though.  Ended up elsewhere; just didn't find the right one.  FYI, I am an average sized woman (5'8, street size 10) and many of the sample sizes were too small for me.  It would be a difficult place to shop for all of the styles if you're not petite.
  • edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress from there and they were great.  Very helpful, not too pushy.  The owner even came in and helped pick out dresses for me.  They had a great selection and I got my dress for only 850.00.  I know Black Tie White Satin in Fremont carries some of the same designers too. Hope this helps :)
  • I have no idea why people are being so mean and gossiping about Ellynne Bridal! I loved my time there and found so many beautiful gowns! My consultant was very helpful, fun and easy going! They have a huge selection on wedding attire and the prices aren't that bad! I got all of the attention that I wanted and more! My consultant knew about all of the designers and fabrics and didn't mind if I tried on 20 dresses:) 
    Thank you to all of the staff for returning my calls promptly and getting to know me personally! I had a wonderful time and will recommend you to all of my friends!! 

Best bridal shop in Nebraska!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards