Iowa-Des Moines

Churches

We're having last minute thoughts about having our ceremony at the same place as our reception and are thinking about moving the ceremony to a church. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggetions for churches around the Des Moines area that will allow non-members to get married there? I'd like something a little more contemporary that doesn't have a big "churchy" feel if that makes sense. I know beggars can't be choosey though so any ideas are appreciated. Thanks! 

Re: Churches

• What about the botanical center or a winery, or something like that?

Anniversary
  • candle-lit way, church of the land at living history farms... i think there is at least 1 more but i cant think of it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • St. Mark Lutheran Church in West Des Moines on Grand Avenue allows non-members to be married there but might be too "church-y". We are getting married there though and not members and they have been very helpful and accomodating although it's way more expensive than it would be if we were members or getting married at our own church. 
  • St. Mark Lutheran Church in West Des Moines on Grand Avenue allows non-members to be married there but might be too "church-y". We are getting married there though and not members and they have been very helpful and accomodating although it's way more expensive than it would be if we were members or getting married at our own church. 
  • Hope Lutheran is really nice and they welcome everyone.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_churches-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:358051e0-d867-4d14-93d0-5b8fe49ff3a7Post:ba95e37f-1838-4b02-b879-f1e6d3b398dd">Re: Churches</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hope Lutheran is really nice and they welcome everyone.
    Posted by sheabride334[/QUOTE]
    Hope Lutherans website they only allow members or those who worship there regularly to get married there 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_churches-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:358051e0-d867-4d14-93d0-5b8fe49ff3a7Post:ba95e37f-1838-4b02-b879-f1e6d3b398dd">Re: Churches</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hope Lutheran is really nice and they welcome everyone.
    Posted by sheabride334[/QUOTE]
    Hope Lutherans website they only allow members or those who worship there regularly to get married there 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards