DC

Alterations Help

rbookm1rbookm1 member
First Comment
Hey fellow Brides! 
   I am a New Orleans bride who currently lives in Northern VA, I picked my dress up over the holidays while I was in N.O, but had to bring it back up here for alterations. Does anyone have any reccomendations on a good place for alterations? Thanks a bunch!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alterations Help

• Does it have to be nova, or are you willing to go to the maryland side? Not all bridal salons will do alterations to gowns that aren't purchased at that store, but I know that Ellie's in Alexandria (nova) does, and they do a bang-up job. I know of some other places too, but I guess those would be further from you
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Angie Cavallaro, 703-830-0634, is in Northern Virginia and gets uniformly rave reviews.  You might also consider Estee Livioco, 301-869-5971, who gets similar reviews but is a bit farther away from you (in Gaithersburg).  We (and my DIL) used Estee, and were all thrilled by the results.  Both tend to book up quickly, so you're best off calling one of them as soon as possible to book.

A secondary advantage is that since both of the women are independent seamstresses, their rates tend to be lower than those of bridal salons.
  • Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, I've heard that you can get alterations done cheaper outside of a salon.. I guess I've just always liked the idea that salons *specialize* in wedding gowns.. but that's just me and probably because I don't know anything about sewing anyway
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    PrfctL7: Both of the people I recommended also specialize in wedding gowns--it's all they do.  They just work independently instead of for a bridal salon.  There is a similar person--Chris O'Hare--in the Boston area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards