Vermont
Options

Jackson Gore Inn or Killington Brides

Hi All,
Just curious if anyone if anyone is familiar with Okemo weddings?!  I went to visit and love the roundhouse room as well as the lodging options.  However, I have a few reservations. 

They are building a new "garden ceremony area."  This will not be completed until next year.  Should I blindly commit to a space without having seen it?  Usually "new" spaces are gorgeous...but can I trust the word of the wedding coordinator? 

Also, I am a bit nervous that the "adventure land" will take away from the wedding atmosphere.  Does anyone know if there are kids running around the resort in the summer?  

Conversely, Killington appears to be a good option. Any thoughts on comparing the two? The price estimates are about the same.

Thanks! 

Re: Jackson Gore Inn or Killington Brides

• Options
    edited July 2012
    My finace and I are having our reception at the Killington Grand next July. They have been very helpful so far! I am not familar with Jackson Gore but we looked at venues in the Killington area and the Grand seemed to have the best situation for us. We were hoping to use their new facilty at the peak but they do not think it is going to be ready in time. Although it is still a beautiful setting.

• Options
    We are leaning towards the Jackson Gore Inn now as well!  You are right, Amy is incredibly helpful.  Let me know if you would like to share ideas/plans.  Good luck with everything!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_vermont_jackson-gore-inn-or-killington-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:131Discussion:7779bab2-c455-49c4-9a6f-344341ff321bPost:65727b09-8fc4-4f51-8d30-24031be73d9f">Jackson Gore Inn or Killington Brides</a>:

Have you spoken with the wedding coordinator there? I was just there with my fiance this past weekend and we are choosing it as our venue.  She sent us pictures of the garden and we saw it (although it was covered in snow)! It is ABSOLUTELY breathtaking!!!!

[QUOTE]Hi All, Just curious if anyone if anyone is familiar with Okemo weddings?!  I went to visit and love the roundhouse room as well as the lodging options.  However, I have a few reservations.  They are building a new "garden ceremony area."  This will not be completed until next year.  Should I blindly commit to a space without having seen it?  Usually "new" spaces are gorgeous...but can I trust the word of the wedding coordinator?  Also, I am a bit nervous that the "adventure land" will take away from the wedding atmosphere.  Does anyone know if there are kids running around the resort in the summer?   Conversely, Killington appears to be a good option. Any thoughts on comparing the two? The price estimates are about the same. Thanks! 
    Posted by eleighton[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I\

Oh, and also although the "adventure land' is there, thats why they built the garden, to be away from all that.  The garden is set away from the main area and is in its own private, quiet space.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_vermont_jackson-gore-inn-or-killington-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:131Discussion:7779bab2-c455-49c4-9a6f-344341ff321bPost:65727b09-8fc4-4f51-8d30-24031be73d9f">Jackson Gore Inn or Killington Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi All, Just curious if anyone if anyone is familiar with Okemo weddings?!  I went to visit and love the roundhouse room as well as the lodging options.  However, I have a few reservations.  They are building a new "garden ceremony area."  This will not be completed until next year.  Should I blindly commit to a space without having seen it?  Usually "new" spaces are gorgeous...but can I trust the word of the wedding coordinator?  Also, I am a bit nervous that the "adventure land" will take away from the wedding atmosphere.  Does anyone know if there are kids running around the resort in the summer?   Conversely, Killington appears to be a good option. Any thoughts on comparing the two? The price estimates are about the same. Thanks! 
    Posted by eleighton[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards