Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Deposit for DJ??

Should I be concerned if the DJ does NOT require a deposit??  Seems a little odd to me.  He accepts payment in full the week of (or up until the event).  Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Deposit for DJ??

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would feel a little weird too. I would reconsider that DJ. Because not only does a deposit protect him, but it protects you as well. I'd start looking at some different DJ's if I were you. Good luck!
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd feel weird too.. Have a back up plan. Start emailing others.
  • edited December 2011
    Are you signing a contract? If so, then I wouldnt worry. I dont think your anymore covered than if you give a deposit too. You have the signed contract. That is binding.  I think thats kind of nice actually, one of the djs we were looking at didnt require a deposit either.  Their reason being they know you have alot of financial obligations for deposits, and they are a stable company not hard up for cash, so why make you fork over your money to someone and not be able to earn interest on it? IF anything, the deposit covers the dj in case you back out, so they have the most to loose by not collecting a deposit. Just get a contract.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  He sends an "invoice" that states the services and conditions.  But it does not required my signature or his.  ???  Not sure how I feel about it.  I am still talking to other DJs and want to keep my options open.  How far out did you book your DJ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards