Connecticut
Options

Justice of the Peace

Hey!
I am working hard to do all my research and get all my services booked for my wedding, as I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir when I say wedding planning is an overwhelming task :) I had some questions about JOPs. I was wondering what people are spending or have spent for a JOP.  Anyone specific you ladies recommend? I'm interested in Mary Pugh and wanted to know if anyone has heard any pros/cons about her.  

I really appreciate everyone's feedback, it's quite helpful in my decision making process, so thanks in advance! :)

Marissa

Re: Justice of the Peace

• Options
    LOVE Mary Pugh!!

I'd consider her very slightly more expensive than the average, but definitely worth the price! 

She offers so many resources. She has lots and lots of different examples of ceremony wording (spiritual, religious, non religious, short, long, etc!) and also just random wedding advice. 

In the end, my H wrote our whole ceremony himself (with some help from me!) and she took it exactly as we sent it to her (and didn't complain that we were really late getting it to her). She helped with the rehearsal- telling the girls where to stand and how to hold their flowers, the guys where to put their hands (folded in front) so that everyone looked nice. And she lets you pick what she wears (suit, robe, colors) so she matches too. =)

On top of all that she takes videos and pictures, including a full video of the ceremony. Plus you get a typed copy of the ceremony in a pretty blue folder. I think there were more goodies that I'm not remembering right now too. 

There are only two things I'll caution- first, she uses a picture that is younger than her current age, and that threw me for a loop when we met. Secondly (and I've see this in almost EVERY wedding I've seen pictures of. so it's not just her), she didn't smile and look at us when we kissed. So if you want that, you should ask her to do that. 

Good luck picking out a JOP! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_justice-of-the-peace-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:89547544-2306-4e7d-a4fa-31b5fcdeba41Post:e796d5ca-da6c-493c-9ff5-876fbcd2d815">Re: Justice of the Peace</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOVE Mary Pugh!! I'd consider her very slightly more expensive than the average, but definitely worth the price!  She offers so many resources. She has lots and lots of different examples of ceremony wording (spiritual, religious, non religious, short, long, etc!) and also just random wedding advice.  In the end, my H wrote our whole ceremony himself (with some help from me!) and she took it exactly as we sent it to her (and didn't complain that we were really late getting it to her). She helped with the rehearsal- telling the girls where to stand and how to hold their flowers, the guys where to put their hands (folded in front) so that everyone looked nice. And she lets you pick what she wears (suit, robe, colors) so she matches too. =) On top of all that she takes videos and pictures, including a full video of the ceremony. Plus you get a typed copy of the ceremony in a pretty blue folder. I think there were more goodies that I'm not remembering right now too.  There are only two things I'll caution- first, she uses a picture that is younger than her current age, and that threw me for a loop when we met. Secondly (and I've see this in almost EVERY wedding I've seen pictures of. so it's not just her), she didn't smile and look at us when we kissed. So if you want that, you should ask her to do that.  Good luck picking out a JOP! 
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your feedback! It's very helpful. I am setting up a face to face so we can meet her.
  • Options
    We used Donna Barsolu and she was amazing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards