Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Dress Shopping!

So yesterday I went to Tucson to the Alfred Angelo store, I wanted to try on one of their Disney dresses I've had my eye on... It wasn't everything I was looking for, literally I could have tried on that one dress and left the store because it just solidified the fact that I want the dress that I orginially fell in love with at David's Bridal. However I kept trying on dresses and I eventually did find one I liked a lot but just not as much as the DB one. I was open and honest with the ladies at AA about thinking about another dress and needing to run out, get lunch and come back in a bit if I decide to get the one. They were incredibly rude, talking down about David's Bridal and their off the rack dresses etc etc etc. It was awful I honestly felt like I was being ganged up on! My question is, has this happened to you guys dress shopping and also, has anyone bought a DB dress? If so, how were your experiences??
Anniversary

Re: Dress Shopping!

• Options
    I bought a DB dress from the Awatukee location, and it was a great experience.  I really liked my sales consultant, had no problem getting helped even without an appointment, and I got treated better than I did at some of the smaller boutique places. 

I've heard a lot of bad things about their alterations department, and honestly I thought they were a bit too expensive, so I didn't use them for alterations.

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    I went and tried on dresses at DB and then found it somewhere else way cheaper. I went back to DB and was looking for bridesmaids dresses and they were all awesome about it. But yes I have noticed other shops talk down Davids Bridal...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got my dress at DB.  I had a good experience.  They had the dresses I had found previously in a magazine, so I was able to pretty much try on everything I was interested in.  I agree that the alterations were too expensive.  I paid over $100 for alterations, and the dress is actually very simple.  Other than that, I was happy with my experience there.
  • Options
    I went to the Davids Bridal on Bell Ave in Peoria, and they were disapointing.  I felt because I put a limit on the amount I was willing to spend that I didn't get good service.  The sales girl almost seemed annoyed, and kept wondering off to help other brides.  I know they are busy, but I had a question about a dress I was wanting to get, after not being able to find the associate that was helping me for 20 minutes  I just left the dress in the fitting room and left. 

I found a Margaret Sottero dress I really liked at another bridal shop, but I think I'm going to look online first. 
  • Options
    Where would you guys suggest for alterations if not David's Bridal. I have not purchased a dress yet, I kind of plan on doing it Saturday but I am new (not really, been here 2.5 years) to the area and have never needed any type of Alterations....soooo any suggestions for a decent price? I also am fairly certain I am not wearing an underskirt thing under my dress, I am just going to wear some shorts haha so classy... anywhoooo! Thanks for all the help!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards