Michigan-Detroit

Rustic Venue?

looking for a venue that's more rustic and/or outdoors. Want it to be roomy with a nice view.It doesn't have to be in the Detroit area as we have family in Lansing and my parents are in GR.

Re: Rustic Venue?

• In order to help you better, please answer a few questions:
    1) What is your budget?
    2) How many guests are you thinking of having?
    3) In your budget, what does this number include exactly?
    4) Beyond rustic and/or outdoors what kind of look are you thinking?
    5) You said it doesn't have to be the metro-Detroit area as you have family in Lansing and GR so what's the distance you're willing to travel yourself?
  • Hi, I am new here and haven't even introduced myself but I saw this post and thought I wold tell you about English Inn in Eaton Rapids. It's just south of Lansing and is a beautiful spot on the Grand River. It's an old mansion/bed & breakfast with a larger wedding hall behind it.
    They have cottages separate from the mansion as well.  
    Kind of pricey but beautiful with great food.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_rustic-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:abcfa271-ea4f-47d1-aab7-10b2628de7f9Post:0699b81a-e872-44b8-9bee-16d7f8db84ba">Rustic Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]looking for a venue that's more rustic and/or outdoors. Want it to be roomy with a nice view.It doesn't have to be in the Detroit area as we have family in Lansing and my parents are in GR.
    Posted by racergirl21[/QUOTE]
  • My budet is approx 15-20 thousand
    about 150 - 200 guests
    I am willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the lower penninsula

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_rustic-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:abcfa271-ea4f-47d1-aab7-10b2628de7f9Post:c781703a-03c9-4076-8c5c-75ec2b8a712d">Re: Rustic Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In order to help you better, please answer a few questions: 1) What is your budget? 2) How many guests are you thinking of having? 3) In your budget, what does this number include exactly? 4) Beyond rustic and/or outdoors what kind of look are you thinking? 5) You said it doesn't have to be the metro-Detroit area as you have family in Lansing and GR so what's the distance you're willing to travel yourself?
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]
  • I'm fairly new here, I've been looking around but just started posting today as we are getting closer to selecting a venue. We are going with a rustic/country/vintage theme. I think I've looked everywhere for venues to meet those requirements! Here are some ideas I've come across;

Cobblestone Farm - Ann Arbor (smaller venue, we ruled it out only because 75 people go in a loft area to meet the 150 total guest count and we couldn't figure how to choose who would sit up there)
    Misty Farms
    Blue Dress Barn
    MSU Tollgate Barn - they are redoing pricing so they aren't booking until approx Jan
    Lazy J Ranch
    Indian Springs Metro Park
    Planterra - SO beautiful! Its not outside or is it rustic but totally worth looking at if you have a decent budget
    Fox Hills Summer House
    Greemead Village

Best of luck to you!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_rustic-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:abcfa271-ea4f-47d1-aab7-10b2628de7f9Post:18b954c8-4825-4ad1-8cbd-40021f1ba9b4">Re: Rustic Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My budet is approx 15-20 thousand about 150 - 200 guests I am willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the lower penninsula In Response to Re: Rustic Venue? :
    Posted by racergirl21[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards