Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Mori Lee 1861 picture

Hi all,

I reallly love Mori Lee 1861 but I'm unsure of if I want it in white or ivory.  I've only been able to try it on in ivory and can't seem to find a store that carries it in white.

Has anyone else purchased this dress in white?  If so can I please please see a picture.

Thanks!

Re: Mori Lee 1861 picture

• Options
    loca4pookloca4pook member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    I am not sure what your complexions is, but my bridal shop told me the MAJORITY of brides look better in ivory due to skin coloring...not sure if that helps or not
  • Options
    saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_mori-lee-1861-picture?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:5044c6fc-8096-408d-9354-57d759e102bePost:ab41e785-9b70-4860-b9be-50a3a95981bb">Re: Mori Lee 1861 picture</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not sure what your complexions is, but my bridal shop told me the MAJORITY of brides look better in white due to skin coloring...not sure if that helps or not
    Posted by loca4pook[/QUOTE]

<div>Really? I've heard the opposite that the majority of brides look better in ivory due to skin coloring.</div><div>
    </div><div>OP- honestly, before you decided white or ivory, go check the same color white that that dress comes in out with your skin tone. No one will really be able to tell the difference between the two day of, but it might make a difference in how your skin looks. I bought an ivory dress, but the pictures of me wearing it make it look just regular old white. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The sample of my dress was ivory (which I ordered) but I made sure to try on a Mori Lee white dress too and HATED the white on my skin.  So I think you have to try the different colors.  If you can't get that dress in white to try on, see if they have a sample in the same white just in another design.
  • Options
    I agree with saac and Boston most brides look better in ivory. And I also agree with their suggestions that you just try on a similar style in white. But I'm quite sure you'll end up with ivory.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Try on another Mori Lee dress in the same fabric in white if possible.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_mori-lee-1861-picture?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:5044c6fc-8096-408d-9354-57d759e102bePost:02f136a0-d2b4-48f4-9643-e1f33471dee8">Re: Mori Lee 1861 picture</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mori Lee 1861 picture : Really? I've heard the opposite that the majority of brides look better in ivory due to skin coloring. OP- honestly, before you decided white or ivory, go check the same color white that that dress comes in out with your skin tone. No one will really be able to tell the difference between the two day of, but it might make a difference in how your skin looks. I bought an ivory dress, but the pictures of me wearing it make it look just regular old white. 
    Posted by saacjw[/QUOTE]

OMG, that is totally what I  meant to write. SORRY. I fixed it now. I bought mine in Ivory. I have no idea how I wrote that wrong. sORRy
  • Options

Not only do a majority of brides look better in ivory or off-white, the details on the dress will show up better on the ivory fabric rather then the white fabric.  I found, when looking at dresses for myself and most recently my friend, that when the dress is all white all the lace detail or whatever detail was on the dress disappeared when the fabric was pure white.

• Options
    Thanks so much for your suggestions everyone!  I will definitely try to find something in white white to try on.

Next question:  My bouquet is all white flowers.  Do I need to change that if I decide to go with the ivory?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards