Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Margaritas- on the rocks or frozen

We are doing a mexican food buffet.  We really want margaritas in addition to the regular bar.  I like on the rocks margaritas myself but i know many people like frozen better.
What do you like? Which should we do or both?
Anniversary

Re: Margaritas- on the rocks or frozen

• edited December 2011
    I love on the rocks. I think on the rocks is easier to handle for a big crowd and people who like frozen margaritas will generally be just as happy with it on the rocks.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do both!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I would do "on the rocks" just bc it would prob. be faster to serve people.  However, I like frozen better...
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On the rocks, with salt!

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_margaritas-rocks-frozen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:8fda6582-fda8-42b7-8fb6-5aa99e1e3cfcPost:0df87d51-3cee-45d3-a67f-59a825bdb562">Re: Margaritas- on the rocks or frozen</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would do "on the rocks" just bc it would prob. be faster to serve people.  However, I like frozen better...
    Posted by lthom17[/QUOTE]

Ditto!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Frozen is my preference, but like others said, on the rocks will probably be more practical for a crowd.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love frozen, but soo not practical for a wedding. Its too messy and time consuming for the bar server.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 185 Tried Out for the Team image 153 Starters
    image 28 Were Cut image 0 Are Benched
  • edited December 2011
    Rocks w/ salt. I find that frozen margaritas are not very good quality (because they usually come out of a machine) and hard to portion the alcohol. Rocks is easy - tequila, lemon, lime, cointreau.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    i think you should on the rocks because it'll be faster and you wont have a blender running throughout your whole reception
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On the rocks is my personal preference because I can't be trusted to drink a frozen margarita without giving myself brain freeze.
  • edited December 2011
    It depends on if you're offering more than one flavor.  Rocks works great for the standard margaritas, but it's harder to do strawberry ones (if you're using real strawberries which you should) without blending them.  I personally prefer on the rocks, since they don't fill you up as much and no bartender wants to be running a blender all night.  Just pay attention to what flavors you're going to have so it won't be an issue.
  • edited December 2011
    I am also having a taco bar with margaritas! At first I had my heart set on frozen. However, after doing some research I found it was going to cost a couple of hundred dollars to rent machines plus buying the alcohol. So, I have decided to just do on the rocks and have some ice on the side with some kind of fruit in them for the strawberry flavor and then some limes for the regular flavor. I don't think anyone will complain anyway. Who would pass up a wonderful margarita!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_margaritas-rocks-frozen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:8fda6582-fda8-42b7-8fb6-5aa99e1e3cfcPost:fa7c5f7f-cbbe-4f63-a8a3-6b325a5750d3">Re: Margaritas- on the rocks or frozen</a>:
    [QUOTE]Frozen is my preference, but like others said, on the rocks will probably be more practical for a crowd.
    Posted by CassieeK[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I like frozen/blended better, but on the rocks will be much easier to serve.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards