New York-New York City
Options

Resturant Recs for Small After Wedding Dinner

Hi All!

I'm getting married in NYC in September.  I live in dallas, TX but NYC is one of my fiances and I fave places!! 

So, since we are not local, i have no idea where to book a dinner for after our wedding.  We have our favorite places we go when we visit, but they won't work for our wedding dinner.  We'll have about 25 people.  We are getting Married in Central Park.

Any locals have any recommendations for good resturatants in Manhattaan?  I"d like to be able reserve private room that will hold 25 people.  That's pretty much my only criteria!

Re: Resturant Recs for Small After Wedding Dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    eelliott96eelliott96 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess that is an important bit of information.  Ideally we'd like to keep it around 50 per person but will go up to 100. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    any cuisine you'd prefer?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For a while, I was looking into private rooms.  Many of them have a minimum that you are required to spend.  City Hall Restaurant has a small private room called the Rose Room that I believe would be perfect for a party of your size.  I'm not sure of the minimum though.
  • Options
    eelliott96eelliott96 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK..Food Types that would be best for us - American or Italian.  We have one vegetarian in the group so I'm trying to keep that in mind too!

Also, we'd like to stay around mid town, east side or west side. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    King's Carriage House

251 East 82nd Street

212 734 5490

www.kingscarriagehouse.com

Their food is fantastic and they have an upstairs area as well

GL
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

This is an actual carriage house from ____?

We just discovered it a month or two ago.  I'm sure you and your guests would love it.  And they prepare a menu for that day as well as a la carte.  The do functions if you reserve early enough.

• Options
    blankslateblankslate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go to Patroon. www.patroonrestaurant.com. It offers classic american cuisine.  They have 5 private dining rooms and they also have an outdoor rooftop where you and your family could go for a drink after dinner.  It's really nice.  The service is amazing and the food is top notch.  It's a hidden gem in midtown on 46th between Lexington & 3rd Avenue.  The decor is classic New York with lots of cool photography around the restaurant and offers a real New York experience. 

Ask for Emily Bixler in private dining.  Good Luck!
    Sincerely,
    Anissa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards