Getting in Shape

Back Fat!!

Does anyone know any good exercises to work on toning the back? Particularly the area right where your ribs start, behind your upper arms? (Typical bra bulge area). I know losing the weight will help, but I would like to tone this area as well. Thanks!

Re: Back Fat!!

• Pulls-ups are pretty good for that- or assisted/supported pull-ups, which are what I have to do.  :)

• Thank you for posting this question!  I'll have to give the pull ups a try.
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • pushups tone chest, arms and back, rows with free weights, or weight machines. and yes youre right. losing a little weight will help, and toning those muscles will add definition. I need to work on that area as well!

please share if you find somehting that works!
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lat pull down or pull ups will help.  So will oblique sit ups.  Swimming is also a great way to tone those muscles.  Good luck with your work-outs! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_back-fat-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:4044a63f-8654-4941-83fa-0001359323cbPost:6c90493e-6273-4165-b698-027ad7e44201">Re: Back Fat!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lat pull down or pull ups will help.  So will oblique sit ups.  Swimming is also a great way to tone those muscles.  Good luck with your work-outs! 
    Posted by julesapops[/QUOTE]

Ditto! I did lat pull downs (along with other weight training/cardio) 3 days a week for a couple months and saw great resutls. I specifically asked my trainer about the back fat and thats what he said to do. That was years ago now Im back at it myself! Good luck to us all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards