New York-Long Island

Reception Halls without catering services

I want to have my wedding reception with all of our favorite foods which means, catering hall options for food cannot work. Does anyone know of any NICE reception halls/venues that do not have catering or allows outside caterers?

Re: Reception Halls without catering services

• You can try a lot of the vineyards out east. The cost for a venue that has its own catering will end up costing you double since they make most of their money off the catering. They will most likely not allow an outside caterer anyway.
  • I would suggest trying a vineyard out east!  Some of them have specific catering halls you have to use, but others don't care!

Best of luck!
  • no i dont know of any other than vfw or places like that. most have their own. 
    could you just have it at the restaurant that makes your fave food?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_reception-halls-without-catering-services?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:8798bb1d-7de8-4a02-b904-1b3167867986Post:4e8654d2-7e82-4d72-8e65-bb06151170ee">Reception Halls without catering services</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to have my wedding reception with all of our favorite foods which means, catering hall options for food cannot work. Does anyone know of any NICE reception halls/venues that do not have catering or allows outside caterers?
    Posted by muffy4life[/QUOTE]

A vineyard might be really nice! Whats your vision?
  • edited March 2013
    Theres a good on in LIC.. Metropolitan Building.. Its just a hall but the place is really nice and vintage..
  • Try the Sands Point Preserve (Hempstead House) and I think the Bailey Arboritium. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards