Outdoor Weddings
Options

July wedding 4:30 or 5:30

I am so confused about what time to have the wedding. It will be the middle of july so weather is unpredictable. They ceremony is outside and reception in a barn unairconditioned. Should I have the wedding at 430 and then pictures so reception starts around 530? Or start the wedding at 530 and reception around 6:30??? I am so confused at this point.

Re: July wedding 4:30 or 5:30

• Options
    I'd pick 5:30 start time. A little later will be good in case it is a hot day. And 6:30 is a good dinner time anyway!
  • Options
    THANKS! Think thats what Im going with.
  • Options
    I agree, 5:30.
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your reception should start immediately after your ceremony ends -- your guests will wants some nosh and booze while you're doing your picture taking.

Also I would definitely do 5:30 or 6 for your wedding start time. It stays dark so late anyway!
    Lizzie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_july-wedding-430-530?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:404987b3-4352-4ead-8e12-974d4c82e578Post:fb98a96d-5c7f-41a2-92ee-e2fe71cde7b6">Re: July wedding 4:30 or 5:30</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd pick 5:30 start time. A little later will be good in case it is a hot day. And 6:30 is a good dinner time anyway!
    Posted by fluttaby32[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    Just remember that in July it gets dark late.  If your reception site does not have AC then you should start the reception as late as possible to give your guests a break form the heat.  Look at the sunset times for that time of year.  We did this for our May wedding and changed our ceremony start time from 5 to 6pm. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would definitely do it as late as possible (5:30)... even a bit later if you can like 6, 630ish. That way the sun will start to go down shortly after the reception begins and it will start to cool down.
  • Options
    We are getting married in July as well (outdoors). We are doing a 6pm ceremony with the reception following right after (6:30-6:45). Good luck! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone you have helped alot! I am thinking 5:30 start ceremony and then everyone can go to the barn for reception why we get pictures and then we will go in there about 630. :)

• Options
    Another vote for 5:30! Hopefully it will be cooler!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    We are getting married outside July 7, 2012. We are having the ceremony at 7pm. The sun will be down and not in anyone's face at that time. We are having a short ceremony, and reception will start immediately after ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with 5:30, we had to go with 4:30 due to timing of the location we chose.  With that being said, I love a July outdoor wedding.  Happy Planning.
  • Options
    My wedding is also in July and in Florida! So it's EXTREMELY hot, were starting our ceremony either at 5:00 or 5:30, i know what you  mean about unpredictable weather, in florida it rains almost every day of the summer.... i'm just praying there isn't a hurricane :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are getting married in July outside as well! Our recepion is in the same place (country club) but the reception part is inside.

We are doing the ceremony at 5:30 (cooler, sun not blazing overhead) which will go until 6, then cocktails/apps 6-7 while we do pictures. This puts dinner at 7 then dancing 8-12.

Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We had our wedding at 7:00 PM in mid-July. That was nearly two hours before sunset, and also past the hottest part of the day. While I was planning the wedding I went to Weather Underground and looked at the historical hourly temperature readings for July 1 over the last 10-15 years to get a sense of how quickly the temperature cooled from the peak of the day. Not that it ended up mattering on our wedding day, since we got a ton of rain and below average temperatures, but oh well!
  • Options
    We are getting married June 30 and starting at 6 pm. I think 5:30 or 6 will a better starting time in terms of heat and weather. I work at a baseball park all summer and it doesn't really get dark around here until 9 during July
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards