Wedding Woes

PW: Spotify is getting awkward

They are doing Trojan commericals now.

It's a little disconcerting to be listening to something (especially Edith Piaf) and suddenly hear "Trojan Man" on the air; it's pretty freaking noticeable.  I wonder if they're doing this to get people to subscribe.

Re: PW: Spotify is getting awkward

• How does Spotify compare to Pandora? I love Pandora but haven't tried Spotify yet.
  • Spotify is totally different really:
    1.  Spotify if about having access to many many many artists and albums.  So, if I hear a song I like by The Woodlands, I can find their entire catalogue on Spotify and listen to it.
    2.  You can make a playlist on Spotify to listen to later.  I have a "Boring Work Playlist" that is all techno, a "My Own Greatest Hits" that is all the bad pop wonders I love and O-Face and I share a "WW Recommends" that we put stuff on for each other to listen to, since we tend to have very similar music tastes.
    3.  Spotify has apps within it.  You download the app within Spotify and use it, usually for access to lots of playlists.  One of my favorite and the one I recommended to O-Face that she has liked is called Tunigo.  It's a DJ service that basically has dozens of awesome playlists divided by category, mood, season, year, etc.  There is also Classify, Rolling Stone, and Blue Note (the jazz company) that I use frequently.  There are dozens of apps.
    4.  One thing Spotify does that is nice is have a very extensive bio of the artist (longer than Pandora that I've seen so far) and that artist's inspirations and other bands that are similar, that I've gotten good listens from as well.

The one similiarity:
    Spotify does have Spotify Radio, which is a Pandora knockoff, but it's terrible.  I like to use Pandora to find new artists the same way I always have and then go to Spotify to listen to the rest of their catalogue.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards