Pennsylvania-Central

Question from a Virginia Bride

Hey!  Im from the DC Area boards, but FH and I are interested in honeymooning somewhere in PA!  We really like the Lodge at Glendorn (http://www.glendorn.com/), but they are booked full for the week we'd want (our wedding is July 3, 2010, and we would like to honeymoon July 4-8).  Do any of you know of any other similar destinations we could check out?  We would prefer a lodge like this one, but a nice B&B might be alright.  We want to stay away from hotels and cities.  FH also really liked the options for hunting at Glendorn.  Thanks!!!
"This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Question from a Virginia Bride

• Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Stone Mill Inn (www.stonemillinn.com) and stayed in their B&B. It's beautiful and in the country. Not sure if it's the location you're looking for, though - it's in Hallam (near York). hth!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Tioga County, that is very popular for hunting I'm not sure about any lodges that are up there. The Poconos are very very popular. I recommend Masthope there is a very very nice lodge up there
  • edited December 2011
    One of the most beautiful bed and breakfasts that my husband and I have ever stayed at is Conewago Manor Inn in Elizabethtown PA.  The food is outstanding (beyond outstanding, really), and the rooms, as well as the B&B generally, is incredibly beauiful.  You will be a short drive from Hershey and Lancaster, should you want destinations to drive to during the days.  I would highly recommend Conewago Manor Inn.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you girls very much :)  I'm definitely going to look into all of them!
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards