Texas-Austin
Options

HELP!! One bridesmaid chickened out...

Hi everyone, I have a huge problem and don't know what to do.

Our wedding is in 3 weeks, I had 5 bridesmaids but one chickened out.
Not only did she chickened out but she also lied about having bought her dress etc. She lives out of town, so I gave her the name of the designer the other girls chose and the color of the dress, everyone was allowed to pick a different style. Well anyways, she is out of the bridal party now.

I do have a good friend that could stand in but I dont think we can get a dress from the same designer in time. The other girls are wearing bari jay dresses, color is petal, silver shoes and accessoires.
I am trying to figure out what to do..if I put her in the middle could I use a different colored dress? What kind of colors do u guys think would match?

I am about to give up..this is so frustrating.

Any help/advice is appreciated!

Thank u!!

Re: HELP!! One bridesmaid chickened out...

• Options
    I'm sorry that your friend decided to drop out of the wedding, but don't replace her. You can have uneven sides and it'll be fine. If you replace this bridesmaid, the person you ask to be the replacement is going to feel like just that, a replacement. Especially so close to the wedding.
  • Options
    Totally agree with Sonya here. It's always good to remember that your bridesmaids were meant to be your bridesmaids from the beginning. Close, great genuine friends is what a bridal party is all about. When you look back you'll remember this simple phrase...

Quality over quantity. Laughing
  • Options
    I agree with all of what has been said.  It's not important to have even sides; it's important to have the people that you care about there.  Your wedding will be great!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I completely agree with PP's...it's not as important to balance your sides as it is to have those nearest/dearest be standing there with you.  Keep the numbers as they are now, let your potential stand-in friend be a guest and enjoy your day! :)
  • Options
    If having even sides is important to you and you wantto add this girl in just call around to local bridal shops and see if they have any dresses in that color in your "replacements" size, you may even be able to get a discount for buying a sample off the rack :) Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards