Catholic Weddings
Options

catarntina - my shrimp stir fry

it came out awesome and was super easy

pound of shrimp  - i bought peeled, cooked, deveined so i just heated them in a separate skillet

birds eye Pepper Stir Fry veggies (red and green pepper and onion)
can of sliced water chestnuts
2 clumps of rice noodles
1/2 jar of kikkoman stir fry sauce

i cooked the veggies and chestnuts, drained off excess water (since they were frozen veggies), added the shrimp and noodles and the sauce until everything was heated through.

it was probably enough for 3 people but we killed the whole skillet.

i plan to use all fresh veggies in the future as id rather they come out crisper.  by the time you cook the frozen ones so that they are hot, they are a bit softer than id prefer.

Re: catarntina - my shrimp stir fry

• Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!! :)

Sound delicious!!  I think I will look for some shrimp at the grocery store tomorrow.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I looked up 15 different churches within a 20 mile radius -- not one of them offer Latin Mass. :(  The closest one is the Archdiocese's main church, over an hour away. Makes me sad, I wanted to go try it.
    ---------
    Anniversary

• Options
    agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you search the right term?

Try extraordinary form , or tridentine
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I started with Latin Mass, and then Extraordinary Form.  I found my way to the Archdiocese's website.  They list all the parishes and language they offer.  Several Spanish, but only 1 offered Latin.  Holy Family Roman Catholic Church in Denver. It's 1 hour and 10 minutes away.  I can probably go some day, just not any time soon. 

I did try googling tridentine just now, and I came up with the same results.  Thanks though.  Maybe a church close to here will offer it at a later date.
    ---------
    Anniversary

• Options
    agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just another note...it could be an ordinary form mass in latin...

:)
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    would "indult" bring any other results?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_catarntina-shrimp-stir-fry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:752009e7-4072-4349-a7fb-cfcfa41ab3cePost:15e16a03-0ced-43cc-8f0d-e59e845adfd8">Re: catarntina - my shrimp stir fry</a>:
    [QUOTE]would "indult" bring any other results?
    Posted by Calypso1977[/QUOTE]

No :(

All though H and I went to a different church today.  I felt much more at home there, so I think I am going to become a member there instead of the church we have been going to.  They also have a Catholic school right next door, and H and I really wanted to send our kids to Catholic school.  So maybe this was a good thing we found this church afterall.
    ---------
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards