Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Sout Haven beach house wedding/reception recommendations

Hello,
My fiancé and I currently like in southwest Michigan and dream of having a laid back ceremony and reception at a house on Lake Michigan on the beach. We envision setting up a big tent for the reception, have a bonfire, an overall good time. We are looking at fall of 2013. I have scoured vrbo.com, homeaway, etc. for the perfect place and have yet to find it. We would like to find a rental large enough for our close family to stay at for the weekend. A lot of people I talk to have been to a wedding at a beach house but it seems you have to know someone or be related to someone that owns a place.

Has anyone had success in renting a house on Lake Michigan in South Haven for a ceremony and reception. I would really appreciate any recommendations or contacts.

Thank you!!

Re: Sout Haven beach house wedding/reception recommendations

• Options
    I grew up in South Haven and my family still lives there. Unfortunately, there really aren't a lot of large homes there, unless you're looking at the McMansions that the summer vacation crowd from Chicago, etc., own. Your besst bet would be to look at the bed & breakfasts on the north side. They have several rooms, very close to the north beach, stanley johnson park is beautiful in fall, and has plenty of space for a tented reception.

If you're truly set on the beach house rental, try checking with the Chamber of Commerce. They may be able to direct you to listings in the area that are traditionally rented for wedding purposes. But be warned: you're likely to pay significantly for them.

Best of luck to you!
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the suggestion I was really hoping someone from South Haven would respond :). I will check with the Chamber. And good luck to you and your Mr. Darcy! Coincidentally I'm reading the fictional sequel to Pride and Prejudice - Death Comes to Pemberley.. It's good, you should check it out!
  • Options
    I have! I think I've read just about every spin-off written, and love them all :)
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards