Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Need Reception Ideas in Grandville MI

So we are stationed in VA but wanting to get married in MI in Sept 2011. Looking for ideas in the Grandville/Hudsonville area. Where we were planning on does not allow alcohol to be served so back to square one. I will be visting the MI area mid August and trying to get a list of places to see while I  am in town. Any suggestions would be great. Looking to stay between $700-$1000 for reception rental budget. Thanks!!!

Re: Need Reception Ideas in Grandville MI

• Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Off the top of my head, I would recommend Trillium, Above and Beyond Banquet Center (they might both be more near Holland though) and Sunnybrook Country Club (in G-ville).  There is also the Grandville Banquet Center...but they have not gotten any good reviews here on the GR Knot board.  (so I wouldn't recommend them...)
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    TheWopTheWop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wallinwood Springs Golf Club in Jenison is really nice. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As for the Grandville Banquet Center....only on these boards have I heard a few negative things. But I've asked people that I know about it who went there for different events and everyone single one said it has good food and good atmosphere. They had no complaints about it. I'll be having my reception there on Sept. 18, and will be posting reviews afterwards. So check back if you want to know about it or send me a message. My dealings with them for the past year have been good. No complaints so far. And the food tasting was great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the recommendations! I have appts set to look at the sites you mentioned when I am home visiting in August. Have any of you ladies heard anything about Gleneagle Golf Course? Thats the only other place I have found to look at within my budget. I will be taking pics of the halls to make a decision when I do go to look bc my fiance is military and we just found out he might not be able to make the trip with me :( So if anyone is interested in seeing the pics for any of these places, let me know!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards