African American Weddings
Options

OH HECK NAW!!!!!!!

firday was the deadline for our guests to RSVP....tell me PLEASE tell me WHY one of FI's mother's life long friends decided to call and rsvp for 10 not 1 BUT 10 people?!?!?!?!?!?? who the F#*! does that?!?!?!? really?!?!? please tell me why she thinks its ok to not only wait until the dead line but bring 9 extra people with her?!?!?!?! and FI is being such a damn punk about it b/c its his mom's best friend and aka just like his aunt but i'm saying u cant tell her to keep the rest of them AT HOME?!? smh and to top it off 5 out of the 10 are KIDS and we specifically told people the only kids that would be at the wedding/reception would be the kids IN the wedding....smh
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: OH HECK NAW!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have been like... no ma'am. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TEN?! WHO THE CRAP RSVPs FOR TEN PPL?! Girl, SOMEBODY needs to call and tell her something about that! At LEAST she can leave the kids at home. WHO are these other 9 ppl?! Are you kidding me?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is like the theme for the day. Who does that!?????   I say tell her she can come with her spouse but that's it!!  People don't realize that these plates cost anywhere for $20 to $100 per plate. 

In my best Whitney Houston voice "HELL TO THE NAW"!!!! Yell
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LMAO!!!! The NERVE!

OMG! You better address that quick! People are too funny.
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    she dont even HAVE a spouse.....from what i understand 2 of the 10 are her kids...then 2 of the remaining 8 are the spouses of her kids and then there's her and the grand kids.....oooooooooweeeeee i TOLD FI to just go to vegas and be done but naw he wanted a local wedding and now he's crapping bricks b/c HIS guest count alone is 62ppl...and his family is using this as a pseudo family reunion/summer vacay....the whole time he is on the phone i'm getting ready for work and all i hear is "its ok no  you guys are welcome to come" i'm like SERIOUSLY!??!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?! smh....thank goodness most of my family either cant and are just sending gifts or the 1s that will attend arent bringing a heard....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Johnsonk313Johnsonk313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ROTFLMAO!!! I can't believe the gall of some people, who does that! Good luck girl you sound like you are going to need it, that and alot of patience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    DancerppfDancerppf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you feel uncomfortable shutting that down, have your mom call his mom to shut it down for you. Mom will have a kind way of shutting it down politely yet firmly. I think your so sweet for talking to your FI but I'm somewhat assertive and that would've been immediately rectified. Anyone who would like to contest can pay the $110 per plate for each of her additional guest. Really???!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW!  That is beyond rude.  She really needs to write a HUGE check.  Dinner is not free.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

10 people.. 10 people.   WOW..... What nerve!!!!!   Each one of those MoFo's Better bring you a nice gift... Not just one gift for the whole 10.  10 People.... 10 people wow!!! What nerve.  SMDH!!!  That lady needs to reflect back when her kids got married..how much did it cost them?  How did she handle the guest list.   I would tell her yes to 2, no to 10 just because I can and just because she was late with the RSVP and then had the nerve to RSVP with 10 people  WOW!!!

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG Yall are scaring me about this whole RSVP process. I am sendign out my invites next month and just the thought of dealing with it some of the stuff yall mentioned is killing me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eff that.  You're better than me because I would've called and very politely but very assertively told them that there's no way in EFFING HELL that you're bringing all of those people.  That's so far from rude it's making ME mad and I'm not even in the situation!  LOL!  Seriously, that's just awful.  And watch some of those people not even come.  That's what would really piss me off!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The nerve! Your a little to nice, I woulda had my a$$ on the phone telling her NO, you can bring 1 guest with you and that's it. I wish someone would try this once our invites are out. I already put my foot down so FI knows how this wedding is gonna be. Good Luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow!! I agree with some of the pp about letting her know ASAP. When I was going through that, I told my hubby that either I will call (person) or he needs to call. And he knew how the conversation would go when I gotta calling folks. Let him know if he doesn't handle it, you will. Oh....she's crazy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girl, you are better than me, because somebody would have gotten cursed out, for real!  That's just pure ridiculous.  This is not a backyard BBQ, it's a wedding!  Guests can't invite their own guests, unbelievable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_oh-heck-naw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:f8d8cd4a-0e92-4cac-91ab-80b93f768df8Post:6d2c24b0-a226-443c-ad50-aaa326cb4434">Re: OH HECK NAW!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eff that.  You're better than me because I would've called and very politely but very assertively told them that there's no way in EFFING HELL that you're bringing all of those people.  That's so far from rude it's making ME mad and I'm not even in the situation!  LOL!  Seriously, that's just awful.  And watch some of those people not even come.  That's what would really piss me off!
    Posted by kiyamurph[/QUOTE]

EXXXAAAAACTLY THIS!
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YellThat is crazy!  I would definitely nip that in the bud.  I think both you and your FI  should speak to her and let her know that this cannot be done unless she would like to contribute to their cost of the wedding.  That needs to be shut down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nope! I would open my mouth for that one. The nerve of ppl. I really feel ppl do not understand the cost of weddings. It's not a free for all party..smh
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards