Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Kosher MA beach wedding on a budget

Hi. I just got engaged by my fiance and I want to get married late next summer or early fall. Food is very important to us and we were hoping to have a reception at a place that allows outside caterers in like Andrews catering in Brookline. We want a beach wedding and we are open to any beach in MA except for maybe in Boston proper. 
We don't have an exorbitant budget so places like Wychmere Beach Club and Ocean Edge Resort on Cape Cod are probably out. Any ideas? I was looking at Nantasket Beach Resort in Hull but I am not sure if it is a little too run down. Gloucester or Rockport recommendations would be great as Cruisport Gloucester is definitely on the list of places to check out. 

Thanks!

Re: Kosher MA beach wedding on a budget

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hey there! I'm getting married at Cruiseport in April and I absolutely LOVE it-- so gorgeous and elegant. One thing is though-- you can't bring in your own caterer, they have a contract with Vinwood Catering. I'm not sure if they can do kosher, but I remember from our initial meeting with them they do allow for 'special dietary/religious' restrictions for you to not use Vinwood (I think they've done it for Indian weddings for instance).

I'd call and ask--they are super helpful and I'm sure they'd love to accomodate you and your fiance! 

We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
    Anniversary
  • Options
    bmoruzzibmoruzzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married on sandy beach in Cohasset.  It was absolutely beautiful.  I have no idea if you can set up tents and food on the beach.  I don't think you can.  But, our reception was at the Atlantica restaurant right down the street.  It really wasn't that expensive.  You should check into that.  
  • Options
    sackersonsackerson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our reception at the Squantum Yacht Club on Wollaston Beach (Quincy) in June.  You bring in your own caterer.  The capacity is about 130 I think. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks I am trying to plan a wedding for around 200 ppl. I am going to go straight to the Glatt Kosher caterers and see which venues they have catered events for. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards