New York-New York City
Options

Flowers

Hi All - I'm getting married in NYC in July and I'm wondering how much to spend on flowers? This includes everything, the huppah, the tables, bouquets, etc.... We just got a quote this is double our budget, so I'm wondering what everything costs and what others are spending.

Thanks

Re: Flowers

• Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard estimates from $1,500- over $20K. I recommend deciding what you want to spend and then asking a couple different florists what they can do with that budget. Also, consider florists in the outer boroughs, they are much more affordable.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many are in your bridal party?  How many tables will you have?  What are you looking for to decorate the ceremony space?
  • Options
    SherB37SherB37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Good questions. 6 girls and around 12 tables with 8 at a table.  Small flowers on the tables. 

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Jean6912Jean6912 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My flowers are costing $2,090, this includes 1 bridal bouquet 1 MOH bouquet 3 bridesmaid bouquets 1 Jr. Bridesmaid bouquet Flower petals for flower girl 1 groom bouteneer 3 Groomsman bouteneers 2 father bouteneers 1 grandpa bouteneer 1 reader bouteneer 2 mom corsages 1 godmother corsage 1 grandmother corsage 2 church alter pieces 6 pew bouquets 8 tall centerpieces 9 short centerpieces 1 toss away bouquet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on what kind of flowers youre getting. If youre sticking with roses and filler flowers its going to be relatively cheap. If you want exotic flowers like orchids or  calla lilies the prices are drastically higher
    Highly recommend going to brooklyn or queens for flowers, not manhattan

Heres my package for $690 that i got from a florist in Sheepshead bay brooklyn

1 bridal boquet (orchids, mini calla lilies, roses)
    1 MOH boquet (circus roses and forget what else lol, i think an orchid-like flower)
    5 Bridesmaid boquets (circus roses)
    1 Groom boutonniere (orchid)
    6 groomsman boutonniere (roses)
    2 father/grandfather boutonniere (orchid)
    2 mother corsages (orchid)
    1 grandmother corsage (orchid)
    4 small centerpieces (circus roses, green buttons, red berries)
    3 branches of orchid (for my DIY stuff)

I think this is very reasonable.
  • Options
    Jean6912Jean6912 member
    edited December 2011
    Flydi379 if you don't mind me asking, which florist are you using? I live in sheepshead bay Brooklyn. It sounds like you got an amazing deal
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure! InFLowers . 1703 sheepshead bay road
    It does seem like a good deal...my sister is a repeat customer of hers so im not sure if shes just "hooking me up" because of that. But honestly ive gotten other quotes from florist in the area and htey were comparable. Theres a place on Bay pkwy and Bath ave on the corner (not sure of the name) that quoted me a similar price for a similar package, you can try them too ..i think theyre called Diamond flowers?

good luck!
  • Options
    Jean6912Jean6912 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_flowers-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:114Discussion:998eb722-322e-4f63-8dee-5b53edce63d3Post:30a480b0-e919-4a47-9744-a71700d0bd08">Re: Flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sure! InFLowers . 1703 sheepshead bay road It does seem like a good deal...my sister is a repeat customer of hers so im not sure if shes just "hooking me up" because of that. But honestly ive gotten other quotes from florist in the area and htey were comparable. Theres a place on Bay pkwy and Bath ave on the corner (not sure of the name) that quoted me a similar price for a similar package, you can try them too ..i think theyre called Diamond flowers? good luck!
    Posted by flydi379[/QUOTE]

Thanks I will look into them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards