February 2013 Weddings

Hair/Make-up trial (a little venting)

I had my hair and make-up trial with one of the two people I was considering. IT was HORRIBLE. I was orange afterwards and my hair was falling down after a few minutes. My eye shadow looked like something out of the 80s with the bright blue and the lipstick was brown, but pink like i said I wanted. She kept saying that it would be better for the wedding. I tried to tell her that this was supposed to be as if I was getting married today. Ugh. I am going to try the other place. I really hope it goes better. Very frustrating. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair/Make-up trial (a little venting)

• mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Oh my goodness :(:(

Did you put down a deposit for their services? Honestly, the LAST THING you want to worry about is your hair and makeup lasting and looking great. It just needs to. So I completely understand.

I would even consider having a separate hair stylist and makeup artist from two different companies. This is what I'm doing. In my research, I always found that one place would be stronger with makeup, or stronger with hair, and never with both. Search google for reviews, look at their facebook pages (if they're more established they usually have one), scour pictures, and make sure you feel confident going in. Trials are expensive and shouldn't be taken lightly by any artist, that is infuriating! I'm so sorry.
  • Oh wow girl!  Good luck at the next trial!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Truth be told... I DONT WEAR MAKEUP. I have been told that I must wear some makeup on February 23, 2013 becuase it helps with the effect of the pictures. I have no idea wear to start my search.....

I have had my first trail. Well lets just say that I know what I dont want. My second hair  appointment is Tuesday at 4:30pm

@frig05-----OMG. Keep me posted how thigns work out
  • So sorry you had a bad experience.  Here's hoping the next one is better.

I've been so indecisive about the hair thing lately.  Make-up is a no brainer; I don't like the idea of people coming at my face with brushes and unfamiliar products, so I'm just going to do my own.  I bought fancy MAC foundation to replace my usual stuff, which has SPF 30 (good for all the time, but apparently it photographs weird!)  But hair, ugh, hair!

Last time I got my hair done, my hair got totally fried, I had to have almost 4 inches cut off!  My hair is very strait and fine, but there's a lot of it, and I'm very picky and protective about how its treated.  I really wanted to do it myself, I even found a soft-set method that leaves me with the slightly bouncy, soft beachy-curls I wanted, but unfortunately its not reliable.  I might wake up with beautiful curls, or I might wake up with the curlers half-out and a cowlick, not a crisis I'd like to potentially deal with that day.  So I might need to bite the bullet and let someone put heat to my hair again.  But ugh, I. Do. Not. Want to!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you all for your support! I have another trial on Wednesday. This place only does styling and makeup, so I'm hoping it will go better. I have decided that if the makeup looks bad, then I will just do it myself. I get complements all the time on my makeup, I just didn't want to have to worry about it on the wedding day. I'm sure I'll be anxious and will want it to be too perfect. But we will see. 

Good luck to everyone else with finding the right person and style!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Going for hair trail #2 tomorrow. Will bring veils and barrette. I still have not started on makeup
  • My  trial today went PERFECT! my hair looked great! My makeup looked great! and they were so much nicer than the first trial. I am so excited I found a place and can't wait for the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awww @frig05 I'm so glad!
  • Hair trailk #2 has lots of body and pizzazz. However the stylist was like....."Im not going ot bother trying on your veil or barrett because I decided on a style that works better for you
    . :(  O'Really

Still have  not started with makeup yet. I have few more days to complete my application process then I will go full swing into completing "All Things Wedding"

Hope everyone is doing well.

BTW we meet with the Officiant for the first time on Tuesday. It was awesome. The officiant is a friend of ours that we hadnt seen since 1980. Like three peas in pod.
    The three of us meet in pre-Kindergarten and were pretty much in the same calss untill 8th grade. In 9th grade FI moved to Panama and the Officiant adn I went to seperate High Schools.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards