July 2011 Weddings

Rings on honeymoon

For those of you who are going to the beach for you honeymoon, what will you be doing with your rings? Will you just wear them, lock them in the room, or not take them at all? 
Photobucket

Re: Rings on honeymoon

• I am planning on wearing them!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited November 2010
    I've discussed with FI and though our rings would probably be fine (ie in a safe at the inn) and are insured, I'm leaving mine at home.  I'd probably just be fretting about them with us traveling anywhere major, so I'm just going to ease my mind and leave them home!  

Instead I'm going to wear a claddagh ring I have from before we were engaged.  Its already pretty beat up, so I don't mind if I lose it! 
  • I'll bring both rings with me, but will probably leave the engagement ring at our beach house when we go to the beach.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • FI and I are both leaving our rings at home, locked up.  We have "decoy" wedding bands that we will wear so we don't have to worry about them being stolen or lost while on the honeymoon.
  • As long as you are going somewhere safe, I don't see a problem with it.  FI and I haven't decided where we'll be going and a few locations I might be leary of just because I've traveled in similar areas.  I had friends when I lived in Ecuador that wore cheap-o rings because armed robbery is such a big deal, they didn't want to worry about their rings.  However, I doubt many of you will be walking the streets of Quito and therefore I hope you wear your rings proudly!
    I married my best friend on July 8, 2011
  • I agree with Leah! We are planning on wearing ours! I love my ring and I looooove to flaunt it every chance I get. It's sized, so it doesn't come off unless I pull it off.
    Photobucket
  • I'll be wearing mine. I can't imagine being on my honeymoon without my precious. LOL.
  • I'll be wearing mine as well, but we aren't going to the beach.  Depending on what I'm doing I don't always wear my e-ring.  I have a decoy I wear in these instances.  The side stones are emeralds which are brittle and can chip easily.  Even the jeweler chipped one when they sized it, so I know to be super careful.
  • I'm with Leah, definitely wearing mine! I plan on wearing them for future vacations that we go on, so why not the honeymoon? They are fully insured , and they're sized so that they won't fall off, even in the water. I'm excited to wear them!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We plan on wearing our rings on our honeymoon and we r going to have a safe in our room so when we go to the beach I will put my e ring in the safe.....  I don't plan on leaving them at home...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • In Response to Re: Rings on honeymoon:
    I'm with Leah, definitely wearing mine! I plan on wearing them for future vacations that we go on, so why not the honeymoon? They are fully insured , and they're sized so that they won't fall off, even in the water. I'm excited to wear them!!!
    Posted by lakfrog
    DITTO!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We'll also both be wearing ours, I couldn't picture us being married but not wearing our rings!
    My Bio
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • FI deathly afraid that something will happen to them. He doesn't want us to take them at all, or maybe just the bands. We're going to Mexico, which he is very familiar with, and says that it isn't a good plan. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards