March 2013 Weddings
Options

March 30th bride - just found out it is the day before Easter!

Hey Ladies,

I am a displaced November, 2012 Hurricane Sandy bride (from NJ) and we had to re-schedule our wedding due to the storm.  Initially, we wanted April, 2013 but could not coordinate the vendors we wanted in April.  We close Saturday, March 30th as our wedding date.  Last week I just found out March 30th is the day before Easter!  I always thought Easter was in April.  I am not religious and neither of mine or fiance's family is religious.  I am hating myself that I did not think of it before we booked! 

I am a little bit worried now.  I'm not sure how many people (not immediate family but family friends, ect.) will be out of town that day due to Easter or will celebrate Easter on that Saturday for some reason.

How many March 30th brides are on this board?  Are any of you worried that it is the day before Easter?    

Re: March 30th bride - just found out it is the day before Easter!

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Hi there! My wedding is March 23rd, but I figured any advise could help your peace of mind! :) 
    I don't think that your guests will have an issue with your wedding date being the day before Easter. I know that I wouldn't! I think that you are good! Most people don't travel out of town on Easter, and most Easter festivities occur on Sunday (egg hunts, church, etc). Don't worry, it'll be fine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, i wouldn't care if it's the day before Easter.  It will work out!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone image 133 Invited
    image 120 Are ready to party!
    image 3 Will be missing out!
    image 10 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I would come the day before Easter, if invited! Your guests should be understand, as you were displaced by Sandy originally!!

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Our wedding is on March 30th and it hasn't been an issue for our guests that it's the day before Easter. My fiance's grandma is Catholic so we thought she might put up a fuss, but either she doesn't realize or doesn't care that Easter is the next day. We absolutely love the date because of all the 3s and since our colors happen to be the same as Easter colors, so it works out. Plus instead of a day after brunch, we are getting together with everyone for Easter dinner at my parent's house. And our anniversary will only fall on Easter about twice in our lifetime, so no worries. Yay March 30th brides!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You can always incorporate easter egghunt in your wedding if your place allows it :). It'll be something fun and entertaining for the guests to do. But, I am pretty sure that will not deter people who are close to you to attend your wedding. Less people = more $$ saved :). It'll work itself out.
  • Options
    This is actually why we didn't choose that date. We figured any OOTers might not come so they didn't miss their usual Easter activities. My family celebrates Easter that Saturday, but if I were invited to a wedding, I'd probably go. We do things during the day so if it was late and close enough, I'd try to squeeze both in if possible. If your time isn't locked in, maybe do it a bit later? Like 5pm?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    One of the reasons we choose the 30th is because it is the day before Easter. We made sure to send out our STD early. We also figured that OOTs would possibly have Good Friday off and can travel but then again we don't have many OOTs.  We are understanding of the fact that Easter is the next day and we are ending our reception no later than 9pm. 
    March 2013 January siggy challenge - hair inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    IThere is no need to worry, I'm sure you sent something out to let people know you had to change the date. They knew in advance and knew it was the day before Easter probably before you realized it. They will be there for you don't worry. I'm worried people will not show up on time because I realized after I set the date that our wedding is ON daylight savings. Your silver lining...You will know how many people will come by the RSVPs and for the ones that don't come you either save money, or you upgrade for the people that are coming if you can't get any money back.
  • Options
    Hi, I'm a March 30th Bride as well...we didn't realize until about a a month ago that Easter was the next day and Good Friday is the day before. We just decided to look at it as a "blessed date"... However, my sister, who was going to fly in from out of town, decided to not come due to the Easter Holiday being the very next day. Time away from her kids and husband. We are still excited and glad we chose the day :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our date is the day of Easter, actually.  We chose it before realizing...I'm used to it being much earlier in the month, but invites already went out.  But honestly, we've had a lot fewer nos than we expected...most people are going to make it.  Don't sweat it...your guests might surprise you.
  • Options
    I'm a March 30th also!  We originally wanted a late Feb wedding, but the venue was booked, and we were offered a couple dates in March.  It's worked out well for us, giving our OOT guests two extra days to travel.  We have decided to also throw a very casual Sunday lunch get together the next day, in appreciation for guests that came out on a holiday weekend.  My dad's family is Catholic, so my grandpa will be saying Grace before the reception dinner.  

42 days and counting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are March 30 too! Waaay more people RSVP'ed yes than we had anticipated - so it's clearly not a problem. Don't worry, it will be fine!
  • Options
    It will be fine.  Yes Easter is a big holiday but if it is family traveling from out of town, think of it as a huge pre-Easter celebration with your ENTIRE family!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards