Florida-North Florida

Hair and Make-up St Augustine/Jacksonville

So im trying to find some decently priced hairstylists and makeup artists, its a destination wedding so i wont be there to have any trials...lots of recommendations please :)

Re: Hair and Make-up St Augustine/Jacksonville

• julie102310julie102310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in exactly the same boat! Looking for hair/make-up in the Ponte Vedra Beach area. And as you said, pricing is a big factor. I have hear of Albert Paul's salon in Sawgrass village, but havent really heard from someone who has used them.

If memory serves, I've heard ladies on this board rave about Envy. I called Envy today and was quoted $100/face for make-up.

Any recommendations  from the board would be greatly appreciated! Also, what is a "reasonable" going rate for wedding day hair/make-up?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Not using Envy for makeup.  she doesnt have someone in house that does it, she recommends someone but I didnt even bother getting the info.  However,  I am going there for my hair.  I've been going there for about 3 yrs.  she's charging $75 and I'm not having a trial. 

I'm using a a friend for my makeup.  Shes got a cosmetology license and her makeup always looks fabulous.  If she's ok with with me putting her personal info on here, I'll post it.  (let me run it by her first.).. she only does the makeup as a side gig.
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • edited December 2011
    You may want to check out Sephora and see what they charge.  Sephora opened up in JCP at the Avenues mall.  I know a girl who works there who offered to do my makeup by I already asked my other friend.
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Makeup by Sunshine has done a lot of our past brides' makeup and she was the bomb. I didn't have her do my wedding (we DIY'd) but she did mine as a bridesmaid in another wedding and it looked fabulous. I highly recommend her.

Jaime at Aura Salon is a popular choice on here also. I loved my hairdresser but she's way out on the Westside so I wouldn't recommend her to you if you're not from here--wouldn't want you to get lost!
  • ekutlusekutlus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A gf of mine at work told me about the Paul Mitchell school in the Town Center. I hecked their prices and they are really reasonable.
    Created by Wedding Favors
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards