Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Gray/Charcoal Suits

Hello Knotties!

I'm looking for gray or charcoal suits for my wedding. We're having an outdoor ceremony at 4:30 in the afternoon, so I feel that black tuxes may be too formal. The tuxedo rental shops only offer a light gray version, and I think we want something a little darker. Any suggestions? I don't want to make the GMs buy suits because that may get pricey.

Thank you!

Re: Gray/Charcoal Suits

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! I wanted the same thing and found wonderful gray/charcoal suits a few weeks ago at JCPenny. For pants, jacket and vest it came out to be around $215 per person... but the vest is not necssary, still looks great without. You might want to consider it, talk it over with the groom -- guys could always use a suit!

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    EricadefEricadef member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is too pricey? We are in Chicago (our wedding is in Clev), and we are having a tailor make the suits.  If there is a "buy 2 get 1 free" deal somewhere and you have a lot of men who want one, then it may be worth it. Ours ends up at $150 per suit.
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Prices for the guys to buy charcoal suits vs. renting either suits or tuxes may not actually be that far off. Men's Wearhouse sells good suits, as does even JC Penney. worth comparing at least.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! I think we want to stick around the same price it would be to rent a tux. Great suggestions I will have to check them out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    look at MW Tux,  there gray is a medium gray. I am using them for my wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards