September 2012 Weddings

Get To Know You - Sept 2012 Style!!!

You have all seen the standard 'Get To Know You' type posts, but I figured it was time for one that will be a little more unique to get to know you ladies all a little better! Nickname (and why that's your nickname): Do you have pets? Names?: Favourite pizza toppings?: How do you take your coffee/tea?: Do you have tattoos/piercings?: What type of cellphone do you use?:

Re: Get To Know You - Sept 2012 Style!!!

• Nickname (and why that's your nickname): Rambo - my business partner started it, because I was uber stubborn/independant when I joined our business and apparently, as he likes to put it, I thought I could take on the world with a water gun until I started to learn its ok to get help sometimes hahaha Do you have pets? Names?: Chloe - FI's 6 year old lab mix, Daviana - my 3 year old Shepherd/Weimarener, Pippen - my 3 year old Maine Coon/Tortie, Jinx - the 1 year old tortie FI and I adopted together Favourite pizza toppings?: Extra cheese, green peppers and mushrooms How do you take your coffee/tea?: Tea - 2 milk Do you have tattoos/piercings?: I have 2 sets of holes in each earlobe, an ear cuff piercing on my left ear. Between my shoulderblades I have a tattoo of a cross with a red rose wrapped around it, and am getting 2 more in the near future. What type of cellphone do you use ?: Blackberry Bold
  • island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    Nickname (and why that's your nickname):  PB.  It's my initials. 

Do you have pets? Names?:  I have a male Rottweiler named Eragon.  He will be 4 in September.  I got him at 9 weeks.

Favourite pizza toppings?:  Extra cheese, onions, diced tomatoes, pepperoni, ground beef, and sausage but not necessarily all at the same time.  LOL!

How do you take your coffee/tea?:  I don't drink either. 

Do you have tattoos/piercings?:  I have two tattoos.  My birth sign, a scorpion on my ankle and a full heart outlined by another heart on my upper back. I also have two piercings on each ear.

What type of cellphone do you use?:  I just got my first IPhone.  It is the 3GS offered by Verizon.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Nickname (and why that's your nickname): Kelly is my name, that's pretty much what everyone calls me.

Do you have pets? Names?: I have a stuffed animal corgi named Bimble. :)

Favourite pizza toppings?:  peppers, onions, mushrooms

How do you take your coffee/tea?: coffee is black with 1 pack of sweet n low per 4 ounces. tea is one pack of sweet n low per 6 ounces. (im weird lol)

Do you have tattoos/piercings?:
    i have a tattoo of a star on my foot:

i also have two sets of holes in my ear lobes.

What type of cellphone do you use?:
    i have the original motorola droid. it's over 2 years old now. i write custom software for android phones at work, so i know what i want whenever i can upgrade.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Nickname (and why that's your nickname): GF to my FI. It just started because I called him by BF one day. I don't really have any other nick names.

Do you have pets? Names?: I have a 3 (in 2 weeks) year old lab/whippet named Ellie who I'm in-love with. She's definitely my life saver and she means the world to me.

Favourite pizza toppings?: Cheese, cheese, cheese, and diced tomatos.

How do you take your coffee/tea?: I don't drink either. I have caffeine because I have GERD and it causes my acid to act up horribly

Do you have tattoos/piercings?: Nope

What type of cellphone do you use?: I actually got an iPhone for Christmas and I have to say that I LOVE it. I had a droid before and I hated it but I've always been a MAC girl and my phone was just another amazing addition lol.
  • Nickname (and why that's your nickname): Jessa, because a friend in 8th grade started calling me that one day and it just stuck.

Do you have pets? Names?: I have a calico cat named Calliope.

Favourite pizza toppings?:  It used to be extra cheese, but now that I'm trying to be good it's either plain or tomato pie.

How do you take your coffee/tea?: Sugar-free Coffeemate french vanilla creamer (or skim milk if I'm out) and 1 artificial sweetener (usually stevia or Splenda).

Do you have tattoos/piercings?: When I turned 18, I went a little crazy with piercings. At one point I had 14 in just my ears. Now I have 8 (all in my ears). No tattoos.

What type of cellphone do you use?: iPhone 4s! Best phone I've ever owned.
    Anniversary
  • Nickname (and why that's your nickname): Trudie/ Trude .... My middle name is Gertrude and it caught on when  I was little when my brothers friend used it to torment me lol but I ended up liking it and it stuck
    Do you have pets? Names?: Dog/Collie - Dennis .... 2 cats - Bruce and Tiger
    Favourite pizza toppings?: I don't really like pizza but if I eat it just cheese
    How do you take your coffee/tea?:only ice  coffee - cream and sugar .....
    teas - milk and sugar 
    Do you have tattoos/piercings?: 3 tatoos... one tramp stramp as FI calls it of the areis sign for april birthday, on on side of thigh that is hard with my nickname is it ... on on muy lower pelvic area very small heart with word love next to it
    What type of cellphone do you use?: T Mobile Nokia cheap touch phone ... no internet plan 
    64862_157110774322536_100000708424779_312151_6782220_n Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nickname (and why that's your nickname): Shaer..just a short form of my full name Shaeralee..my dad's nickname for me was Bunny

Do you have pets? Names?: 2 Cats - storm and charlie, and a blind diabetic dog - Rye, and a 12 year old dwarf bunny - Mr. Bun Bun And can't forget the Betta fish - that was attacked by Charlie, knocked out of his bowl onto the floor, lost part of his fin and is still kicking..lol

Favourite pizza toppings?: Pepperoni, green peppers and mushrooms

How do you take your coffee/tea?: Double double with milk and sweetner

Do you have tattoos/piercings?: i have a scorpion on my lower back, my oldest son's initial on my shoulder with a circle around it to show "forever", the canadian flag on my thigh and a heart with a knife on my left upper chest area. One more to go, my youngest son's first and middle name (also my dad's name) with the years of my dad's birth and death under his name
    What type of cellphone do you use?: blackberry bold
  • This is a cute one :)

Nickname: My name is Ashley, so some people just call me Ash. At home I am often referred to as Ashleykins or Sweetiekins by my Mr. :P

Do you have pets? Names?: We have a cat named Louie that we adopted from the local shelter. Another cat might be on the cards soon.

Favourite pizza toppings?: Pepperoni or plain cheese most of the time. But I really, really love this pizza at Aurelio's that has spinach and big, big tomatoes and artichokes, I think. Yum yum!

How do you take your coffee/tea?: I take cream with my coffee and my tea completely straight.

Do you have tattoos/piercings?: Just ear piercings.

What type of cellphone do you use?: We both have pay as you go phones, and we try not to use them much, since we're trying to pinch pennies before the wedding.
  • junebug19junebug19 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Nickname (and why that's your nickname): Never really had one- when we were younger  my sister couldn't say "Jeanette" and instead she (& my whole family) called me "Nett"; "Netta"; "Nettie" for a few years; but that was the closest I came to getting a nickname.

Do you have pets? Names?: We have 2 black cats, Penny & Toes, they are four years old (we think- they were adopted)
    We also adopted a black lab mix (with what I don't know- but she is only 30lbs and looks like a black lab puppy) who just turned 2 on Christmas. Her name is Moon Pie.

Favourite pizza toppings?:  Bacon, as long as it is strips & not crumbled OR sausage & broccoli

How do you take your coffee/tea?: Tea- black w/ 2 sugars- I don't drink coffee

Do you have tattoos/piercings?: My ears are pierced but nothing else.
    No tattoos

What type of cellphone do you use?: I-Phone 4 Got it for Christmas & its awesome <3
  • Nickname (and why that's your nickname): don't have one Do you have pets? Names?:no Favourite pizza toppings?: Pepperoni How do you take your coffee/tea?:don't drink either Do you have tattoos/piercings?:one set of holes on my ears What type of cellphone do you use?:iphone
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    Nickname (and why that's your nickname): Yazzi. My name is Yasmine so it's just shortened. Funny thing is that FI's whole family knows me as Yazzi and not Yasmine. My dad calls me Yaz which I think is sweet. (All pronounced yahz-men, yah-zee, and yahz)
    Do you have pets? Names?: One cat. He rname is Gypsy, but she has no idea. She always goes my "Meows Kitty Kitty" lol
    Favourite pizza toppings?: meat. Sausage, pepperoni, ham, bacon. I like it all. =)
    How do you take your coffee/tea?: I don't drink coffee, but I love hot tea. I have it with 2-3 spoons of sugar and some milk.
    Do you have tattoos/piercings?: I just have my ears pierced. I used to have a labret (Google it, they're awesome!). I miss my labret SO much actually.
    What type of cellphone do you use?: I have a crappy old Samsung Reality. But I realized how much I actually love it when I washed it back in Jan.
  • Nickname (and why that's your nickname): Brit because it's short for my name: Britney. & Funsize because I'm little & fun (like the funsize candies lol).
    Do you have pets? Names?: Not anymore (had a tabby cat named Angel but had to get rid of him when my baby was born).
    Favourite pizza toppings?: Pepporoni, mushroom, & sausage.
    How do you take your coffee/tea?: Coffee=Chocolate or French Vanilla creamer w/ tons of sugar; Tea=Sometimes milk & mild sugar.
    Do you have tattoos/piercings?:
    No tattoos...yet. Pierced ears and used to have a nose piercing (but it fell out like 3 seperate times so I'm waiting to try again).
    What type of cellphone do you use?: BlackBerry Curve
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Nickname (and why that's your nickname): Suze.  My full name is Susan, but my swim coach (of 15 years) nicked named me Suze because we had a special relationship and he wanted a name that was just his.  I love it and use it now in my adult life.  FI and I call eachother "boyfriend" and "girlfriend"
    Do you have pets? FI and I have two cats.  Oliver- 3 years (grey) and Peter- 10 months (orange and now really really fat)

Favourite pizza toppings?: cheese & sausage OR white sauce, chicken, broccoli, and red onion.....so so good
    How do you take your coffee/tea?:  tea: cold and sweet, coffee: 1 cream, 2 splendas
    Do you have tattoos/piercings?:  pierced ears (1 in each lobe), 1 cartilage piercing in my upper left ear, no tattoos
    What type of cellphone do you use?
    :  Blackberry Tour, it's about 2 years old, but I quite like it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Nickname (and why that's your nickname): Hollyween (tho no one calls me that at this point)- just an old nickname, only one old friend still calls me Ween sometimes. 

Do you have pets? Names?: We have a 7y.o. Siberian husky called Wendy, and 2 cats- a 16y.o. tabby called Wolfgang and a 10 month old kitten called Sigmund, who is ridiculous.

Favourite pizza toppings?: pineapple & bell peppers, or, if it's from my favorite place: feta/fresh basil/kalamata olives/sweet peppers om nom nom nom

How do you take your coffee/tea?: I mostly drink tea- plain or a little sugar. If I have coffee, very light & *very* sweet.

Do you have tattoos/piercings?: 1 hole in each ear, plus a navel ring (holy schnikes, I got it when I was 20! That thing's almost 19 years old!!). 3 tattoos, 3 more planned. I've got the bug again!

What type of cellphone do you use?: iPhone 4s. I am probably way too attached to it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nickname (and why that's your nickname):
    Meech/Meechie (it was Muffy in high school but no one needs to know why lol)

Do you have pets? Names?:
    English Springer Spaniel named Bella

Favourite pizza toppings?: Not a bit pizza eater, but I love it loaded with veggies. The lactose and gluten are killers for me!

How do you take your coffee/tea?: I say please and thank you to the Second Cup employee lol

Do you have tattoos/piercings?: I used to have lots of piercings; tongue, nose, marilyn, ears, eyebrow.... but removed them all for a surgery when I was 24 and just let them go.
    I have 3 tats; one on the back of my hip that means strength, one on the front of my hip that means beauty and one long a$$ mo-fo down my side that represents motherhood (it's a mother and child).
    You can see them in my boudoir photos.

What type of cellphone do you use?: iphone
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • NIckname: Many of my college friends began shortening to my name to Chris and then sticking it with my monosyllabic last name to make one easy word. I warned them all now that this will become null and void once I get married :p

Pets: Two calico cats, Amber and Priscilla, one maine coon mix, Buddy, and a bearded dragon named Minimus.

Pizza: Chicken finger pizza rocks my world.

Coffee: Light and sweet.

Piercings: Just the usual one in each ear. I have thought about getting my FI's fave number done somehow but idk if I wanna start with tatts.

Cell: Really old piece of crap (I think its a Samsung?). The back fell off yesterday and wont go back on so I think I am gonna be forced to buy a new one soon.
  • edited March 2012
    Nickname: I don't really have one, but FI calls me sweetie or honey. Pets: We have two dogs named Mickey and Buike and a cat named Pixie. Pizza: I like tomato pies (a type of regional thin crust pizza). Coffee: Black! Tattoos/Piercings: Just one piercing in each ear, but I have a lot of tattoos. I have full sleeves on each arm, one leg sleeve, a full back panel and one rib panel. I love them. They are very artistically done. All by the same very talented artist. http://www.jenniferbilligtattoo.com
  • jacquiroxxjacquiroxx member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Nickname (and why that's your nickname): My parents call me Bugs/Bug because they both loved Bugs Bunny around the time I was born.  It stuck- they both still call me that more frequently than Jacqui.

Do you have pets? Names?:  Yup.  I have a pomapoo named Maddi and a Siberian husky named Akira.  When we buy a house, we'll be buying another husky and calling him Loki.

Favourite pizza toppings?:
      Pineapples :)

How do you take your coffee/tea?: I don't like coffee and I add WAY too much sugar to my tea, so I've stopped drinking it altogether because I'm trying to cut added sugar as much as possible (I am addicted to fruit, so I know I still eat a lot, and that it's nearly impossible to avoid altogether, but I do what I can)

Do you have tattoos/piercings?: I do.  I have my ears pierced twice each, and I have the top and bottom of my navel pierced.  I'd like to get the sides done, too, and will probably do that next spring.

I also have a tattoo of a dove on my left shoulder.  Below it, it says, "Imagine" in a fun script.  My brother has the same one, sans the "Imagine."  We got them together- on my 21st and his 18th birthday.  We are SUPER close, and though I have dreams for 2 more tattoos (an octopus on my hip and a lotus flower on my rib cage), I haven't taken steps to get them because I'm afraid I won't love them as much as I love my dove.

iPhone 3GS, with AT&T as my provider (even though I wish it was Verizon haha)
  • agladhillagladhill member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Nickname (and why that's your nickname): Angie (This is what my parents have called me since day one pretty much.)

Do you have pets? Names?:  Sally(gray), Sunburst(calico), and Little Man(Black) (although he is officially "Twilight" at the vets).  All stray cats we have come across outside and took in. 

Favourite pizza toppings?: Green peppers and onions! 

How do you take your coffee/tea?: If it's my favorite tea, Lady Grey, I don't add anything.  Any other type of black tea, I add sugar or honey.  I don't care for green tea or coffee.

Do you have tattoos/piercings?: None.  Apparently, I am really boring. 

What type of cellphone do you use?: Sprint EVO
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nickname (and why that's your nickname): FI Calls me baby cakes, why I don't know. Most people call me Nik (short for Nikki)

Do you have pets? Names?: 2 cats: Mocha & Dale

Favorite pizza toppings?: Ricotta cheese, spinach, and red peppers

How do you take your coffee/tea?: Coffee: Skim milk & sugar in the raw. Unless I get a latte, then I just order from Starucks lol. Tea: with honey

Do you have tattoos/piercings?: 2 tattoos, a butterfly on my shoulder blade & a celtic knot on the back of my neck

What type of cellphone do you use?: Currently, Verizon LG Cosmos. Upgrading soon! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nickname (and why that's your nickname): My dad calls me Hop...no idea how I got that one.  My college friends call me Lo.  FI has too many nicknames for me!

Do you have pets? Names?:  2 dogs.  A boxer named Sarge and a beagle named Enzo

Favourite pizza toppings?:
      veggies! peppers, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes

How do you take your coffee/tea?: only green or white tea...straight up

Do you have tattoos/piercings?: Ears have multiple piercings but I only wear one in each ear now.  No tattoos

iPhone- love
  • Don't really have one. FI calls me Babe or "Rounds"  (from back when I was pregnanat w/our son and it's just stuck)

We have a cat named Soxie Man.

I love Pizza. It's delicious with anything - green peppers, pineapple, sausage.

Coffee w/skim milk & splenda

i have two tattoos: one my ankle and on my lower back. My ears are pierced. I had my tongue done when I was a teenager, but it's long closed up. 

Cell: an old Samsung piece of crap. it's a hand me down. someday I'll get a nice one.

• Nickname (and why that's your nickname): FI calls me Sonic, because I have always had spiked hair since we met. Though currently I am growing it out so no name :( But I told him I'll cut it again after the wedding. My gramma always called me petunia (tunia for short) so thats always been my favorite flower.

Do you have pets? Names?: Just fish currently, can't have any bigger pets at our townhouse.

Favourite pizza toppings?: Either all meat or Hawaiian.

How do you take your coffee/tea?: Yucky too both!

Do you have tattoos/piercings?: 3 piercings in each ear, had my left cartilage done but it closed after a hospital stay. Really want it redone. No tattoos yet... waiting til I have kids to get one done for them (So I know I'll like it forever!)

What type of cellphone do you use? Just an LG banter for texting. Think I might finally upgrade in June. I want internet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jessicanell09Jessicanell09 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Nickname (and why that's your nickname):
    Jess or a select group of friends call me Squirrel.  Apparently when I get mad and wound up my voice gets high pitched and they said it reminds them of a squirrel and because I can have my "squirrely" moments! LOL

Do you have pets? Names?:
    Pomeranian named Trixie who is going to be 10 yrs old this year!  I have had her since she was a puppy.

Favorite pizza toppings?: Hawaiian!

How do you take your coffee/tea?: Don't drink much caffeine.  If I do have coffee, just usually black with 2 spoons of sugar. 

Do you have tattoos/piercings?: I have two piercings in my ear lobes and a belly button piercing.  I have one tattoo on my lower back, yes I got the "tramp stamp".  It is just a tribal looking tattoo with a heart shape in the middle. I found it and just loved the way it looked. 

What type of cellphone do you use?: I have an HTC
    Anniversary
  • Nickname (and why that's your nickname): Laur..FI and friends have always called me that. Only my parents and my boss call me Lauren, haha.

Do you have pets? Names?: A dog, Boci. I am absolutely in love with him!

Favourite pizza toppings?: Cheese! I can never have enough cheese!
    How do you take your coffee/tea?: Starbucks hot chocolate with whip cream. :)
    Do you have tattoos/piercings?: One hole in each ear.
    What type of cellphone do you use?: Nokia N8, hoping to get the iphone 5 when it is released
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards