New York-Long Island

When to start looking for a gown??

I am getting married in September 2011 and of course have been doing nothing but looking at colors and gowns. I have already chosen my venue due to living on the north fork vineyards book fast at that time of the year. When is the best time to start looking for a gown not to early or not to late? any ideas???
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: When to start looking for a gown??

• edited December 2011
    Now, the earlier the better. I thought I'd find a dress quickly and it took me almost a year to find "the one".
  • edited December 2011
    Hey there!

I bought my gown 10 months before the wedding. You should put the order in no later than 8 months.

So start now. But my advice is do what I did. Look for your gown, buy it (LOVE IT) and dont look at another gown again. Yu can always second guess yourself, and there will ALWAYS be the "bigger better gown". Make your decision and move on. Buy a dress YOU love, not one EVERYONE ELSE loves!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!!!! ive been looking at all sorts of dresses i already know what kinda i like, but its getting out there because i dont want the people telling me its to early! its never to early to look! It takes me a while to make a descion like that so im sure i need all the months i can get!!! thank you so much!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • smatuzasmatuza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine in August 2009 for my July 2010 wedding :)
    Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) BabyFruit Ticker
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011

there's no set rule. if you want to go and look now-go ahead.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards