Michigan-Grand Rapids

DIY Fresh Flowers

Hello Knotties!

I've been toying with the idea of doing the flowers for our wedding.  We are only having one person stand for us each and three children involved in the ceremony, so conceptually it seems doable even though I wouldn't consider crafts to be my thing.

I can't get beyond using fake flowers and have been researching fresh flower companies that will ship the flowers.  There seems to be favorable reviews online for a couple of companies.

Question, have any of you gone this route for flowers and what has been your experience?  Specifically with the company that you used and the ease of assembly.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!!! Laughing

Re: DIY Fresh Flowers

• Hi there-

I don't have any personal experience with this, but from what I understand, Horrocks would be a good place to start.  I believe they can do full-service flowers, or assist you with DIY.  They might even have workshops you can attend.  Otherwise some flower shops or even the craft places like Michaels or Hobby Lobby might have flower-arranging clinics that could help you with ideas on how to actually get it done right. 

Good luck!
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • I had simple hand tied bouquets and I wish I would have done them myself. There a videos on YouTube that will show you how. I'be never found any floral courses at the craft stores. I took one through a community college but it didn't cover bouquets. As far as flowers go, you can order from Costco online or if you don't need a lot they can order them right in the store. I know places like Whole Foods and other grocery stores can order for you as well. Good luck! Carrie
  • Thanks to the both of you for your ideas!!  Never thought of looking for a class, that is a great idea.  I'll have to check out Horrocks and Costco for flower options.  Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks again.
  • Have you looked in to J's Fresh Flower market?  You can definetly do it yourself.  I would take a class that they have offered though, it's a huge cost saver.  I did all my boquets, corsages, and centerpieces with help from my mom and bm's and saved over $500.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards