August 2012 Weddings

Opinions on dresses please? PIP

I'm still struggling to find 'the' dress. These are the three I'm considering... Thoughts? 

The first - 

(This is the link for the pic of the front, I can't get it to save to my comp.

I don't like the sash going on under the boobs and around the back (including the brooch), but the shop owner said it could be removed pretty easily.  Then it would be a plain lace halter with completely open back. I'm just afraid it would be too plain without the sash, but I really hate it and it would have to go (feel like it looks cheap?).  
Likes: the price - a steal for $500!, the open back, the lace. 
Dislikes: too plain?, not set on the halter neckline. 

The second - 

Wouldn't have to alter it, I pretty much like it as is. 
Likes: LOVE the neckline - it's exactly what Im looking for, and it looks pretty great on; also love the back, although I'd love it more if it were lower. 
Dislikes: The beading on the boobs (surely there is a more appropriate word to be using than "on the boobs" but I dont' know what it is...  I don't know dress lingo, sorry!!) - from far away, the beading is fine, but upclose it's these weird little papery flower things that look cheap to me. Also it's not lace, and I really was hoping for a lace gown.   

3.  The third - my fav!

(Again, can't get the pic of the back to save correctly... so here's the link!  The back's the best part! 

Likes: love the lace pattern, love the silhouette, love the back.
Dislikes: a little out of my price range, but only by a few hundred dollars... and I haven't actually tried it on yet, but have an appt in January!)

Thoughts? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Opinions on dresses please? PIP

• I think you should try them on and share pictures of them on your frame. Then I could give my honest opinion. :)

They all look like beautiful dresses from the pictures you attached, so it is hard to say.
  • To be honest. I love the 2nd one. But thats just my preference.
    Which one is "speaking to you" the most.
     You said youd like the back to be lower ont eh 2nd one, and if that is the case- the first one has that

I think #1 and #2 are pretty unique too. As in , you don't see it on every bride.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Thanks for all the responses girls!  I'm leaning toward #3, but trying not to get my heart set on it since I haven't even seen it in person yet.  I think #2 is my second choice, followed by #1.  

I wish I could show you guys pics of me in the dress, but both of the stores where I tried #1 and #2 on don't allow you to take pics - boo.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would hold off making a decision until you try on dress three. It send to be the one you think you like threw best.
    May 2013 June Siggy:Flowers!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My favorite one is number #3 but all of them were pretty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_opinions-dresses-please-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:b3d43c28-62b0-419a-8ab5-4dfb8211e52cPost:a0314600-2985-4832-9092-793bf3ba3fec">Re: Opinions on dresses please? PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all the responses girls!  I'm leaning toward #3, but trying not to get my heart set on it since I haven't even seen it in person yet.  I think #2 is my second choice, followed by #1.   I wish I could show you guys pics of me in the dress, but both of the stores where I tried #1 and #2 on <strong>don't allow you to take pics</strong> - boo.  
    Posted by sarah260[/QUOTE]

I hate that! How the heck are we supposed to know for sure what we look like? I'm someone that needs time to consider my options :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards