Flowers

Purple in November?

My fiance and I are getting married in November of 2012. Our colors are Purple and Silver. Since it will be in the fall, purple isn't exactly a very fall looking color and I'm not sure what sort of purplish flowers are at their best during that time. Suggestions?

Re: Purple in November?

• I was a Nov. bride and my colors were purple and green.  I wish I could tell you what the purple flowers were that I used.  Maybe hydrangea? Really, it's all a blur and unfortunately I don't have all my pics back.  Mainly, I wanted to tell you that purple can definitely be a fall color.  Really, anything can be.  :)
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest

•  

My color is davids bridal sangria but i am using purple flowers and my wedding is in october. The flowers that I am using is actually from sams club bc I did not want to pay alot for flowers. I think purple flowers in nov would be awesome.
    Photobucket invite1
  • Just because you get married in the fall doesn't mean that you have to use fall colored flowers.  If you want a purple and silver color scheme then go for it.  There are plenty of purple flowers available during November as well so no worries there.

I actually prefer going to weddings in the fall that don't use the fall color scheme...it is refreshing and different.

• Asters and Mums are available in the fall and both are purple.  Stattice, roses, callas are available year round in purple.  Some of these may be more expensive in the fall.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_purple-november?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:0477c4f4-999e-429d-82a8-44932d9e8df2Post:dfcd7eac-5604-48f0-850a-3a39bf929e92">Re: Purple in November?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just because you get married in the fall doesn't mean that you have to use fall colored flowers.  If you want a purple and silver color scheme then go for it.  There are plenty of purple flowers available during November as well so no worries there.<strong> I actually prefer going to weddings in the fall that don't use the fall color scheme...it is refreshing and different.</strong>
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

This.  I was in a wedding that had the typical fall colors.  It's just very repetitive.  Not to be an AW or anything, but OP here is how my color scheme worked in my wedding last month.  Unfortunately, there isn't a pic of my centerpieces with the purple flowers in them.  We did use granny smith apples to tie in the fall theme in the centerpieces. 
    <a href="http://pixelperfectweddings.com/blog/?p=138">
    http://pixelperfectweddings.com/blog/?p=138</a>
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Any color can be for any season.  I think purple would be cute
  • picsasso calla lilies...
  • oops... Picasso Calla lilies...
    tulips....
    dendrobium orchids
    also "amnesia" cool water and blueboy roses, you have lots of great stuff to play with...

I love the Picasso calla lily with silver and purple... so elegant and simple...

great colors and have fun... Purple looks outstanding with touches of burnished copper fillers and stuff too... check out "broom corn" as a possible filler too if you want a more fallish accent that still gives off elegance... 

mostly just enjoy...
  • purple lisianthus is my favorite for bouquets.  Talk to your florist about what would compliment this color combo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards