October 2012 Weddings
Options

Shakespeare

I love shakespeare and was trying to figure out how to incorporate that into the ceremony. I found a bunch of cool quotes online so I am going to ask several of my guests to read a quote at some point during the ceremony. I will of course coordinate this with them before hand but I'm really excited. Does anybody else have anything unique that they are doing during the ceremony?

Re: Shakespeare

• Options
    We're using a reading from Captain Corelli's Mandolin.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We're writing our entire ceremony ourselves.  A family friend was ordained online and is officiating, so we can do whatever we'd like for ceremony.  We picked an e.e.cumings poem to be read my one of our friends, 3 blessings to represent our heritage (Irish and Polish for FI, and Italian for my heritage) to be read by 2 of FI's aunts and one of my cousins.  We're doing a unity candle to somewhat incorporate the fact that we were raised Catholic and to make our grandparents happy (they weren't really ok with the fact that we're not getting married in the catholic church).  We're also written most of the things our officient will say.

Pretty much the whole ceremony is a reflection of us and what we believe in.  I'm so glad that our ceremony isn't being dictated by what a church tells us that we have to do (no offense to people having church weddings, it's just not right for FI and I).

@Steph:  You could ask someone to read one of Shakespeare's sonnets, there's so many beautiful ones!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Reading a John Donne sonnet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, I'm going to let my geek show even more. I play dungeons and dragons and one of my characters would quote shakespeare before attacking. So I will be having my dungeons and dragons friends read the quotes! yay
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards