Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Traditional vows AND personal vows?

Is it possible to do both, and if so, how would I pull this off? I love the idea of the "to have and to hold, for better or worse" and what-not, but I love the idea of truly telling HIM how I feel, personally.

Any thoughts?
"So what? So it's not going to be easy. It's gonna be hard.
Really hard. But I wanna do that because I want you
- all of you, you and me, every day. Forever."

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Traditional vows AND personal vows?

• I think we will take a moment to shortly tell ech other how we feel about the other, but not make that the vow part, and after that say the traditional vows.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_traditional-vows-personal-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:ad049525-b897-4c80-8710-62eeb9f9b5fcPost:e3e72ec1-eef4-4a67-83b0-e1ed0e3488cc">Re: Traditional vows AND personal vows?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Both of my cousins did the silly vows i.e. "I promise to try to learn to fold t-shirts the way you like, and to always remember to put the vacuum away" - it had my family rolling! But we're a pretty gregarious crowd - I guess everyone's family is different!
    Posted by futuremrsgates[/QUOTE]

<div>See, and these are the kind of ceremonies I love! I personally can't stand the cookie cutter super traditional boring ceremonies. When a couple injects their personality and their own relationship into the ceremony, I think it's much more meaningful, IMHO. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards